So yesterday I am in themidst of sending a text msg when all of a sudden the screen starts acting funny. Within seconds the screen goes black but the phone remains powered on. You can see the backlight on but the screen is not displaying anything. I try a couple of battery pulls...nothing. I can hear texts/emails coming in and I could even call someone via speed dial but it was a guess as to where the button was.
    So I run over to my local VZ store and the guy does a battery pull and then try's to convince me that it was something i downloaded and how today's hackers create viruses that take weeks to actually take effect.
    I tell him that he is no better than a mall kiosk and I leave. The actual VZ Repair center is about 25 miles away.
    The surgeon that looks at my phone there does a battery pull and then goes to work on her pc. She explains that she needs to have a new one shipped to me and that will take 2 business days (if Monday is seen as a holiday that means Tuesday!!!). I ask her if her store has the phone in stock and she says no. I ask if anyone other store in the area has it in stock and she says no. I then ask her to search the island of Manhattan...no? For those who don't know Manhattan is New York City and this monkey is trying to tell me that not a single VZ store carries this piece of crap?
    So I agree to the overnight charge of $20 (which is complete BS if you ask me) and it is 'supposed' to arrive on Saturday.
    And the phone just started working again...so what do I do now?
    02-13-09 07:52 AM
    I would still take the replacement. Get the new one set up and make sure you like how it works. The fact is just because your current phone is working agin does not mean it won't flake out again in the near future.
    02-13-09 07:56 AM
    The storm was readily available a week ago in the 43rd/Madison Ave VZW store in NYC.... It's impossible that they are ALL out of stock even with the BOGO promo going on.
    02-13-09 09:08 AM
    I would think this is a no brainer.

1. Your phone is not reliable.
    2. You don't know what caused the problem.
    3. You don't know how to solve it.
    4. You don't know when and if it will happen again.

If it was me I woudln't hesitate to change it out. I consider my phone to be an essential business and personal tool.

Good luck.
    02-13-09 10:40 AM
    what OS were you running?
    02-13-09 11:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD