I think that, while this product may not appeal to everyone, it is an intriguing, quirky product that will sell fairly well. I mean, I seriously doubt that a large percentage of Storm owners would buy a bright pink case, but they do make them. And, if only 0.5% of the million or so Storm owners buy one, that's still a hefty 50,000 units. I guess the main selling point would be price. I would pick one up if it only cost a couple of dollars, and wouldn't feel bad tossing it out if I decided I didn't like it. However, if it costs more than $5 I will probably skip it and buy a footlong sub instead.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-09 11:18 PM
    common guys!! let him advertise his product... some people might like... and some won't like it...
    i personally don't like it... but i dont come here and try to ruin someone's business...
    it is a really cool idea... but it is very specific to certain users...
    common... lets not ruin his business... the economy is already bad enough as it is
    03-12-09 11:21 PM
    Cool product, I'm sure the iPhone people will love it since their keyboard orientation and layout doesn't change. I would think it would get anoying on a Storm though since we have two layouts and 3 keyboard styles in one of those layouts (portrait). But hey, it's innovative so that's a plus.
    03-12-09 11:30 PM
    Def sounds interesting, but the thing that puzzles me is the portrait/landscape only bit. Why limit yourself by a screen cover?

Need to see pics.
    03-12-09 11:34 PM
    Cool product, I'm sure the iPhone people will love it since their keyboard orientation and layout doesn't change. I would think it would get anoying on a Storm though since we have two layouts and 3 keyboard styles in one of those layouts (portrait). But hey, it's innovative so that's a plus.
    Don't forget that we have 3 orientations as well:

-Right hand landscape
    -Portrait
    -Left hand landscape

My fianc�e likes her buttons on the left because she is left-handed. As a righty, I prefer the buttons on the right.

03-12-09 11:38 PM
    I can def see this working. I'm visualizing how easy it was to feel the keys on my curve

03-12-09 11:40 PM
    Don't forget that we have 3 orientations as well:

-Right hand landscape
    -Portrait
    -Left hand landscape

My fianc�e likes her buttons on the left because she is left-handed. As a righty, I prefer the buttons on the right.

lol, I almost forgot. I don't turn it that way... lol
    03-12-09 11:45 PM
    So, it will be there even if you don't have a keyboard up on the storm? Yeah, no thanks.
    Right there with you on that one. Lumpy screen when I'm not typing? Seems a bit distracting, no?
    03-12-09 11:59 PM
    if you don't like it... don't buy it...
    03-13-09 12:13 AM
    im interested

I would like to hear more about this when it comes out, let us know please
    03-13-09 12:15 AM
    I'm interested!
    03-13-09 12:23 AM
    if you don't like it... don't buy it...

Get off his nuts.

It sounds like a great idea. Of course you are going to see comments like this when there is no video or pictures to, remotely show what it will look/feel like.

How can someone not like it yet? No one has seen it.
    03-13-09 12:26 AM
    Right there with you on that one. Lumpy screen when I'm not typing? Seems a bit distracting, no?
    I would not describe it as lumpy. If you could imagine very, very small braille like clear pin head sized dents. Just enough to feel,
    not enough to see.
    03-13-09 12:28 AM
    I think that, while this product may not appeal to everyone, it is an intriguing, quirky product that will sell fairly well. I mean, I seriously doubt that a large percentage of Storm owners would buy a bright pink case, but they do make them. And, if only 0.5% of the million or so Storm owners buy one, that's still a hefty 50,000 units. I guess the main selling point would be price. I would pick one up if it only cost a couple of dollars, and wouldn't feel bad tossing it out if I decided I didn't like it. However, if it costs more than $5 I will probably skip it and buy a footlong sub instead.

I think that you are right about the price. I will keep that in mind when we get to that point. The main complaint I had about the storm was how difficult it was to type with. I set out to solve this problem. To solve this problem for me has cost several thousands of dollars for the prototyping, production, and packaging. Very soon when this is available for others with the same complaint it will cost them a fraction of the price to solve this. But hey if they want they can try and type on their storm with a footlong and see where that gets them. LOL Sorry I couldent help myself. Seemed too funny not to say.
    03-13-09 12:39 AM
    Im giving him credit all the way for a step towards doing "something" with the storm, maybe this could spark something else and then another thing...innovation can spread like wild fire... good job... i dunno if i would ever buy it cuz im used to the screen as is...but hats off to your hard work!
    03-13-09 12:50 AM
    Id be interested in getting it I think its a cool idea, there's a certain screen cover for the iphone that makes ur finger scroll over it easier and NEVER get stuck (when u get sweaty or w.e.) cuase of the material...I would be even more interested in something like that for the storm
    03-13-09 12:54 AM
    I thought men were the more visual ones.... j/k
    Men are, but so am I. Although, I'm not a man.
    03-13-09 01:15 AM
    I would not describe it as lumpy. If you could imagine very, very small braille like clear pin head sized dents. Just enough to feel,
    not enough to see.
    So, when I'm surfing/scrolling or playing word mole I will feel tiny brail like pin headed things on my screen where the keyboard would be IF I had it pulled up? Just what I need, odd feeling things on my smooth glass screen while I'm bouncing around on Viigo. No offense dude, but its a touch screen for a reason - seamlessness interface. Once again, no thanks.
    03-13-09 02:01 AM
    So, when I'm surfing/scrolling or playing word mole I will feel tiny brail like pin headed things on my screen where the keyboard would be IF I had it pulled up? Just what I need, odd feeling things on my smooth glass screen while I'm bouncing around on Viigo. No offense dude, but its a touch screen for a reason - seamlessness interface. Once again, no thanks.
    Yes, you are very sharp. This is definitely not a product you should try then. I am not sure however what you mean by "seamlessness". As that is a feature maybe only you have. I could not find that word in the dictionary. LOL But that may be why you don't need this.
    Also just a heads up everyone as I am sure you know you are able to click on a members name and read all of their previous post they have ever made. Looks like jbcb3 likes to leave mostly negative comments for everyone. At first I felt special, but now I see it's not just me. We have a life time heckler here.
    For everyone else thank you for your feed back!
    Last edited by profclean2000; 03-13-09 at 03:09 AM.
    03-13-09 02:53 AM
    Id be interested in getting it I think its a cool idea, there's a certain screen cover for the iphone that makes ur finger scroll over it easier and NEVER get stuck (when u get sweaty or w.e.) cuase of the material...I would be even more interested in something like that for the storm
    HMMM. I think I know what you mean.
    03-13-09 02:59 AM
    What happens when RIM changes the size of the keyboard in the O.S. Like they have done a couple times? If I missed it I apologize...reading forums and responding on Storm now.

03-13-09 03:50 AM
    I'm interested too... it'd make a full keyboard in portrait mode much easier... if it was made for a full keyboard in portrait mode.
    03-13-09 04:00 AM
    What happens when RIM changes the size of the keyboard in the O.S. Like they have done a couple times? If I missed it I apologize...reading forums and responding on Storm now.

I love the idea of this product. I will base my decision on reviews of this product and cost o
    f course. What Chuck says does worry me however. I suppose if this product came out after
    BB's next major official upgrade I would have more confidence. Maybe promiSe a discount to return customers who need to buy an updated version of your screen protector? Just a thought.

03-13-09 06:13 AM
    sounds pretty cool.. will wait to see what it's all about!
    03-13-09 07:47 AM
    Sounds Ridiculous!, take a standard screen saver and put a pin hole where each letter is on the keyboard and call it "Feel" and charge $18....... Are you Kidding?
    After all people did buy the PET ROCK years ago!
    03-13-09 08:55 AM
212 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD