Not looking to beat a dead horse with the issue....and I used search, just not finding this specific question coming up.....

Just curious, I had exchanged my Storm last week do to the clicking no longer working along the entire bottom of the screen. As with the first one, it clicked perfectly even all the way around, and almost a week later after using it alot, it is faintly clicking in the bottom center of the screen. So at this point I am using the business card under the battery trick.

So with those who have owned yours for a few months.....is this a normal Storm issue? Does the storm basically break in in the bottom of the screen causing this to happen on most models?
    04-21-09 02:33 PM
    no, I'd ask for a new one
    just take the business card out first
    Last edited by leo1055; 04-21-09 at 02:38 PM.
    04-21-09 02:34 PM
    I've had my Storm for a couple months now and instead of the business card trick I did the screw fix (loosening the screws a bit) and it seems to working fine up until now...
    04-21-09 02:44 PM
    ive had my storm since december. i tried the business card for a while, but i guess it was too thick or something and i felt as if my battery cover was being deformed. i switched to the little tab stickers and put them underneath the battery. the first day it worked, but now 3 weeks later i have replaced the stickers with some new ones and my phone's back to normal. i am still not satisfied with the screen and its clicking abilities.
    04-21-09 02:53 PM
    Try Velcro. It works I've had for a few months and my storm click is NICE! Just the hairy side. Put a small piece right around the sim card. Since it hairy the cover closes to perfection and put just the right amount of pressure. Try if not return it. Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-09 03:04 PM
    I've had my storm for a couple months about. It still clicks hard and strong! The lady storms love it!

04-21-09 03:29 PM
    Try Velcro. It works I've had for a few months and my storm click is NICE! Just the hairy side. Put a small piece right around the sim card. Since it hairy the cover closes to perfection and put just the right amount of pressure. Try if not return it. Good luck!

Are you putting it under the battery cover, or under the battery?

Good thing is I am within my 30 still, so I am going to try to exchange this one out tomorrow. I've had some questionable experiences in the stores.....just out of curiosity, if I end up having to call the 800#, do they send out brand new?
    04-21-09 03:38 PM
    The click will get worse with time, no matter what you do. It's the same as any other button. Period. If you are okay with the fixes, try them first. If you want a new phone, you have a year to get it.

-Cyrus
    04-21-09 03:40 PM
    Are you putting it under the battery cover, or under the battery?

Good thing is I am within my 30 still, so I am going to try to exchange this one out tomorrow. I've had some questionable experiences in the stores.....just out of curiosity, if I end up having to call the 800#, do they send out brand new?
    Under the bat cover. I thinks it's been over two months and it's been da same way since I put it in. U don't even have to take of the paper that cover the glue. Try it if it doesn't work return it.

04-21-09 06:00 PM
    I've had mine since launch and it's still clicking in all corners. I noticed on my friends storms that they don't click like mine...

04-21-09 06:08 PM
    Buy a t6 torx driver and loosen the screws. Vast improvement

04-21-09 06:16 PM
    +1 for Domestic

The Storms frame is somewhat flexible and this impacts how well the screen button works. Adjusting the two center screws under the battery cover while testing the click will give you a long lasting solution so long as you don't do anything that effects the frame. For example I had a return of clicking problems when I installed the Innocase II which snaps tightly over the phone flexing it slightly, but this was easily fixed after I finally realized what was happening.
    04-21-09 07:00 PM
    Take the card out and go into verizon and get a new one. It's pretty easy to get a storm replaced
    04-21-09 08:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD