I got my Storm early on and I had the issues where the middle of the screen clicked well but the corners and edges were horrible. I got 2 replacements in the mail (1 for me, 1 for my gf) and both phones were perfect. The click was nice and loud and it had the same "clickiness" on every point on the screen. One thing I have noticed in the past few days is that my screen click responsiveness has decreased significantly. When I click the space button in SureType mode, I can barely feel or hear a click. Same with the corners.

My gf's phone is just as good as the first day we got it.

I havent dropped the phone. Im not using and screen protector. Im using an OEM BlackBerry black skin and my gf is using the big bulky hard plastic phone case from VZW.

No, I havent done the business card, felt pad, or screw tricks on the new devices.

Anyone know why it was clicking perfectly for a few weeks and not now anymore??

Cliffs:
    -Storm screen clickiness was perfect.
    -After 3 weeks, the clickiness went away and it barely clicks in the edges
    -Have not dropped phone
    -Not using any shields or screen protectors.
    01-02-09 06:42 PM
    i got mine a couple of weeks ago and one corner just stopped clicking altogether. I took it in and got a new one today and the click is totally different. Louder, more definate. While in the store waiting I was playing with a curve and found it so easy and fast to do every function that I seem to fumble with on the storm. I like a lot of asspects of the storm but navigating through programs and typing are totally frustrating.
    01-02-09 06:47 PM
    Odd I haven't experienced this. Anyone else?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-09 07:30 PM
    Odd I haven't experienced this. Anyone else?
    I haven't experienced it either and hope not to. This is like the fourth or fifth thread I've read where the click suddenly doesn't work right anymore.
    01-02-09 07:32 PM
    I haven't experienced it either and hope not to. This is like the fourth or fifth thread I've read where the click suddenly doesn't work right anymore.
    =( I was so excited that my new Storm was perfect. I'm past my 30 days now and I can only get a refurbished.
    01-02-09 07:34 PM
    Same with me mate, I am on my third Storm now. First just wouldn't click, nor the second. Now this the third has started to fail!
    01-02-09 07:38 PM
    =( I was so excited that my new Storm was perfect. I'm past my 30 days now and I can only get a refurbished.
    Well put it this way, a functioning refurb is better than a non clicking Storm right? Hope you have better luck on your next Storm.
    01-02-09 07:43 PM
    You have tull the 15th to get a BRAND NEW replacement. Trust me I bought my storm on day 1 and just received my new in box replacement.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-09 07:46 PM
    There is no definitive answer as what makes some storms have a perfect click only to lose it after some use or why they just don't work right out of the box. My theory is that there is no support around the PC board that the actual screen button is mounted to allowing it to move away from the screen for whatever reason. When you use the felt pad it actually adds the support and pushes the button close to the screen where it belongs. Also, by loosening the torx screws is alleviates some of the pressure around the area where the frame buckles allowing the button to settle back closer to the screen.

If RIM designed the the area to have at least three screws (rather then just the two that are visible now) where one was in the middle of the two existing ones now, it would prevent that buckling from occurring. Since there is no way of adding a third screw I went with adding the felt pad since the battery cover is metal and can support it with ease. Also, some units will still need to have the torx screws loosened since some of them were over torque by a gorilla during assembly. But in my opinion, I wouldn't just rely on just loosening the screws without some support like the felt pad.
    Last edited by dmcman73; 01-02-09 at 08:15 PM.
    01-02-09 08:12 PM
    Im experiencing the same thig. Worked perfect out of the box for 27 days. Now I am noticing the same loss of "clickness" in the same area ( bottom center above the hardware buttons). I just wonder what the next 30 days or longer will bring. Will it gradually get worse ?
    Im going to try the torx fix, but am frustrated that we all have to resort to our own fixed for such a sophisticated and expensive piece or equipment. That's a shame Verizon/RIM.
    01-02-09 08:21 PM
    Im experiencing the same thig. Worked perfect out of the box for 27 days. Now I am noticing the same loss of "clickness" in the same area ( bottom center above the hardware buttons). I just wonder what the next 30 days or longer will bring. Will it gradually get worse ?
    Im going to try the torx fix, but am frustrated that we all have to resort to our own fixed for such a sophisticated and expensive piece or equipment. That's a shame Verizon/RIM.
    this scares me more than anything. I know the software issues will get resolved, but all these hardware issues are another thing altoghether. My ne2 is up on the 15 and i really want to get the storm but then i read this and think maybe it's better to wait for the next generation storm. Of course with Verizon there's nothing else that excites me except the storm. I know the curve is a great phone, but it's getting a little long in the tooth too. Now even people who had good hardware are beginning to have problems. that's not good.
    01-02-09 09:36 PM
    im worried! it clicked like perfect the first days but now after two weeks it has reduced clicking around the edges(mainly around the middle of the bottom above the physical buttons) i havent passed thirty days who should i call? because i want this fixed. or new one if possible
    01-02-09 09:51 PM
    Yeah. My first one was messed up, but my second generation from Canada functions much better. Don't worry Verizon and RIM will fix it as time progresses.
    01-02-09 09:58 PM
    this scares me more than anything. I know the software issues will get resolved, but all these hardware issues are another thing altoghether. My ne2 is up on the 15 and i really want to get the storm but then i read this and think maybe it's better to wait for the next generation storm. Of course with Verizon there's nothing else that excites me except the storm. I know the curve is a great phone, but it's getting a little long in the tooth too. Now even people who had good hardware are beginning to have problems. that's not good.
    If I could do it over I would've waited. There are just too many hardware and software issues with the Storm. I'll be receiving my 2nd replacement tomorrow (3rd Storm) some people have already had 5 replacements. If this isn't warning enough for you and everybody else that is on the fence I don't know what is. At some point RIM is going to have to get there act together and start producing consistent and reliable hardware or they'll be taking on huge losses. I would give it a month or two and see where things are at. I have to assume that eventually RIM will get the software working right but it certainly has been frustrating dealing with the half baked software. A lot of use our Blackberries to do actual work and it has been like making a carpenter use a hammer with a broken handle. It works, but it's certainly not very effective or productive.
    01-02-09 10:10 PM
    If I could do it over I would've waited. There are just too many hardware and software issues with the Storm. I'll be receiving my 2nd replacement tomorrow (3rd Storm) some people have already had 5 replacements. If this isn't warning enough for you and everybody else that is on the fence I don't know what is. At some point RIM is going to have to get there act together and start producing consistent and reliable hardware or they'll be taking on huge losses. I would give it a month or two and see where things are at. I have to assume that eventually RIM will get the software working right but it certainly has been frustrating dealing with the half baked software. A lot of use our Blackberries to do actual work and it has been like making a carpenter use a hammer with a broken handle. It works, but it's certainly not very effective or productive.
    yes, i see that again and again on here. I just wonder what they will do about the hardware issues. there are some pretty consistant problems with that too. If it was only software I wouldn't be as worried, but they can't update hardware issues.
    01-02-09 10:16 PM
    yeah but idk i think the people with over four replacements might just be to dam picky.
    01-02-09 10:34 PM
    No, I havent done screw tricks on the new devices.
    If you got a new car and it rode like a brick because the tires were inflated to 60psi by some nut at the factory, would you

A) return the car to the dealer
    B) complain a lot to anyone who would listen
    or...
    C) let some air out of the tires?
    01-02-09 10:43 PM
    If you got a new car and it rode like a brick because the tires were inflated to 60psi by some nut at the factory, would you

A) return the car to the dealer
    B) complain a lot to anyone who would listen
    or...
    C) let some air out of the tires?
    Apples to Oranges. $20k+ vs $200? Quite a different story.
    01-03-09 04:42 AM
    Anyway, Thanks for the replies guys...Hopefully this gets resolved soon..
    01-03-09 04:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD