Does everyone's screen brightness change when flipping from portrait to landscape (gets brighter)? Is there a way to turn that off, cuz it seems to be slowing the rotation down a bit.
    11-28-08 09:29 PM
    Disable 'Automatically dim backlight' in the options -> screen section. That fixed it for me. I noticed that right away and couldn't stand it.
    11-29-08 12:35 AM
    Bringing this back to the top because I found it too in OS4.5. It's an OS bug. The screen brightness with Auto Dim should change depending on ambient light. This works fine in portrait, but for some reason, the backlight goes Full Bright when in landscape. Knowing that Full Bright turns on when you're playing a video (default function of the Media Player to do this), it's obvious that they messed up on the accelerometer programming and when you turn it sideways, it thinks it's playing a video and goes Full Bright.
    12-12-08 11:15 PM
    It will sometimes correct itself though. Gets annoying reading in bed though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-08 11:56 PM
    I've never had it correct itself, I wonder if this is fixed in .76?
    12-13-08 12:04 AM
    this drives me crazy too

12-13-08 12:17 AM
    Everyone experiencing this should write to [email protected] to report it.
    12-13-08 12:18 AM
    done

12-13-08 09:57 AM
    I've noticed the brightness increasing/decreasing almost at random in landscape mode. I read on one thread that the photosensor was located near the LED so maybe my hand is blocking the sensor.
    12-13-08 11:24 AM
    The sensor will allow for this to happen, but this bug is still a bug. It should not autobright simply by turning it to landscape, and that's what's happening here. Oh and the LED location is where the photosensor is.
    12-13-08 06:58 PM
    has anyone noticed this working correctly in .83? I swear it is
    12-22-08 02:20 PM
    as a side note, does anyone have polarized sunglasses? when I have mine on, I can see the screen fine in portrait. if i flip it to landscape with my shades on, i can't see anything...it just looks dark. i think it has something to do with the pixel lines, but not sure.
    12-22-08 02:25 PM
    I haven't had the screen come up brighter in landscape over portrait but while I was in the mall the other day, I was checking football scores, and when I got closer to brighter lights, the screen did become much brighter....I think that was suppose to happen but not really sure...anyway I am running .83
    12-22-08 02:30 PM
    Well mine doest change brightness from landscape to portrait vise versa its just dimmer than .75 all the time now... and i dont like it or know how to get it back to being brighter..
    12-22-08 03:04 PM
    mine has been perfect ever since i upgraded to .83. I'll say it in here too...if you still have an original, get it replaced. i havent had any problems with my replacement. (now my 30 days are up so..haha)
    12-22-08 05:10 PM
    lol it made my eyes hurt
    12-22-08 05:57 PM
    Solved itself with .083.
    12-22-08 08:01 PM
    as a side note, does anyone have polarized sunglasses? when I have mine on, I can see the screen fine in portrait. if i flip it to landscape with my shades on, i can't see anything...it just looks dark. i think it has something to do with the pixel lines, but not sure.
    This is normal for LCD screen and polarized sunglasses. You can do the same thing by rotating the leses against a regular LCD screen or against another polarized lens. This is actually a good way to test if a set of sunglasses are truly polarized when you buy them so that you don't get ripped off by the seller.

has anyone noticed this working correctly in .83? I swear it is
    Yes, this was fixed in .83. One of the big reasons why I like this version better then the previous ones.
    12-22-08 08:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD