Well, I had a customer drop her 9530 to me to see what is wrong with it. She claims that she can use it, but the screen is dark/not illuminated. However, when I place the phone on the charger, the screen lights up with a picture of a battery with a lightening bolt thru it.

Can someone tell me if buying a new LCD screen for this would fix it, or is there something else wrong with the phone? I have never run into this problem before!

Thanks for your help all...
    05-20-10 04:46 PM
    So after I plugged it up to the charger and turned it back on, it works until the screen goes dim, then it goes black...it looks like there is a light on but you can't see the display. So would a new LCD for this phone in fact fix this problem?
    05-20-10 05:16 PM
    If you haven't already, I would check the connectors inside the unit before thinking its the LCD. There are 2 very close to the charge plug that could possibly be moved when you plug in the device.
    05-20-10 06:37 PM
    I have a similar problem, I haven't tried plugging it in yet.. But when it is still the key buttons at the bottom light up, there is no backlight on my screen. However I can see the screen is on very faintly. When i squeeze the phones by the charger slot and under the right convenience key it lights up... No idea how this happened. I will be going in tomorrow to ask the Telus reps what they can do for me...

I am out of warranty though so I may try to open it up and see if maybe the LCD connectors are loose.
    05-20-10 08:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD