Hey everyone! I wanted to know if anyone has any recommendations to remove light scratches from the shiny black casing of the Storm (Area where it says Blackberry). I bought a rubber case from the VZW store that covered this area but something must have got under there and rubbed away leaving light scratches everywhere. There just annoying and I was wondering if anyone knew of any polishes that worked to remove them! Thanks

P.S.
    I have since began using the Otterbox Defender case and LOVE it!
    03-29-09 08:58 PM
    Don't be so anal about. My storm is so scratched in those areas it doesn't even feel smooth. I would post a picture to show you how badass my storm is buy I'm on my storm now but something that may help your problem out would be just a very smaLl amount of turtle car wax. I have read about someone using that on here and they said it was great

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-09 09:13 PM
    If there is a jewelry repair store around, take it in and they might be able to buff it out with their polishing tools. I worked for a Jeweler in College and they were able to polish plastics if the scratch wasn't too deep.

Good luck

-S
    03-29-09 09:23 PM
    Get yourself the full Invisible Shield from Zagg. It has clear overlays for these areas. It will not only hide what you have but keep you from getting more damage.
    03-29-09 09:28 PM
    A little light work with a dremel and a soft polish pad helped mine out a bunch

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-09 10:19 PM
    just use a case from now on
    03-30-09 12:21 AM
    just use a case from now on

Maybe read the whole post before commenting

I bought a rubber case from the VZW store that covered this area but something must have got under there and rubbed away leaving light scratches everywhere.
    03-30-09 01:46 AM
    This might sound strange, but I have used this same method to take light scratches out of the outer casing of my PS3 and it works wonderfully.

Car wax!

Thats right! And it seems that the Storm if made from the same or similar plastic (with a sheen). So if you buff in some auto body wax and then polish with a second rag (microfiber) it should take out and scratches, plus shine it up nice.

One caution though. I would be extra carefule not to get any on the screen. Not sure what it would do, but I can't imaging that it would be good. It would probably leave a film of some sort if not removed properly.

Let me know if you (or anyone else) tries this. I'm sure it wold work, and if I had pics of my 2 year old PS3 I would attach them, but I have not taken any pics of the system. But I can tell you that it looks as shiney and polished as it did when I first removed it from the box back on launch day!
    03-30-09 02:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD