When I received my storm, it had screen protector on it stated "menu" and "escape" with symbols. So, I removed it and I assumed that was it. After many use on this storm, I noticed my screen was easily got scratched....I was like WTF? Later on, when I joined this forum (by th way, awesome forum ) someone mentioned that there was second layer of factory screen protector and I was not aware of. But I decided to leave it on until invisible shield arrives.

Once the shield arrived, I removed the second screen protector....DAMN, the screen is beautiful . I played the storm with "naked" screen....and no scratch exists.....Then later on, I installed the sheild on screen as well as full body of storm.

(note: when you plan to apply the new screen protector on the screen, make sure that the factory screen protector is removed first. Only apply on the "naked" screen)

You may want to look the screen more closely to see if there is another layer of factory screen protector.
    01-21-09 08:57 AM
    I think you guys are all missing something. The storms screen is Scratch resistant, not scratch proof.
    01-21-09 09:04 AM
    I read on the threads here of folks sometimes seeing several of the factory screen protectors on their devices. 1 guy boasted of removing 6 of them. Everyone has at least 2.
    01-21-09 09:39 AM
    I actually bought a screen protector like an ***** and put II on my phone. Well I noticed that scrolling sucked and the screen was almost unresponsive. So I removed the protector and have not had any scratches since. I'm guessing all you with scratched Storms are misusing them. I don't see how you can scratch it from just normal use.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-09 09:44 AM
    verizon tries to sell you products because that is where they make money. when my storm arrived, about a week after the first round sold out (long story, dead employee excuse resulted in their finding a storm for me), I went in to get it up and running and the cute gal behind the counter tried to sell me a car charger (had one) and a protector. I told her the protector was unnecessary and she went cold on me. So, yes they do want to sell you that, not because you need it, because they make coin on it.

Now, the storm I received had bubbles under the protector so I promptly peeled it off. I read all about the scratch proof screen, saw the vids and figured I was safe as houses.

Then saw a nice scratch on my screen. Figured, moron for taking off the protector, and moved on. Then I read this thread and, yes Virginia, there is a second protector on the storm.

Never noticed it before but, upon close inspection, it is there and it is, actually, starting to peel up from one corner.
    01-21-09 10:02 AM
    Didn't anyone learn anything in science class?? anyone who says that "dust" scratched their screen is mistaken, and anyone who says keys and change on their pocket scratched the screen is wrong. The only thing that will scratch a glass screen is a material that is harder than glass. Aluminum/Tin keys will not scratch glass, and as far as dust goes....how could you even think that was possible (No mass+no force=no scratch)

Things that are scratching peoples screen.

-Dirt in your pocket WILL scratch your screen. Common minerals are usually harder than glass. Take a piece of sandpaper to the screen and you will see what I mean. (Tried it after I ran over my 1st Storm)
    -Steel shavings... welders or fabricators be aware
    -Diamonds...obviously, ladies who love dropping the wedding ring off in the same pocket as the phone...your in for it
    -Wear and tear; over enough time just about anything will begin to fade and dull. Micro scratches

Be aware of what exactly is in your pocket if you are like me, and even though you have a screen protector some body armor will keep the phone looking new (Plastic is obviously softer than glass so pretty much anything will scratch it)

So people please stop posting that the screen is scratch proof because that is not the case, and those who are unlucky enough to have scratches on their screens be sure to read up on that liquid lense thing before trying, I don't know if that is made for glass repair...might just be composite lenses.

All it takes is one little stone to ruin your day with this phone.
    01-21-09 10:26 AM
    sand or small rock pebbles can scratch the screen. you'd be surprised at how much of that stuff is mixed in with the lint and other stuff in your pockets/purse. add keys or change to the mix and those small particles will scratch your screen.

the screen is about as scratch proof as the device is water proof.
    01-21-09 10:52 AM
    Didn't anyone learn anything in science class?? anyone who says that "dust" scratched their screen is mistaken, and anyone who says keys and change on their pocket scratched the screen is wrong. The only thing that will scratch a glass screen is a material that is harder than glass. Aluminum/Tin keys will not scratch glass, and as far as dust goes....how could you even think that was possible (No mass+no force=no scratch)

Things that are scratching peoples screen.

-Dirt in your pocket WILL scratch your screen. Common minerals are usually harder than glass. Take a piece of sandpaper to the screen and you will see what I mean. (Tried it after I ran over my 1st Storm)
    -Steel shavings... welders or fabricators be aware
    -Diamonds...obviously, ladies who love dropping the wedding ring off in the same pocket as the phone...your in for it
    -Wear and tear; over enough time just about anything will begin to fade and dull. Micro scratches

Be aware of what exactly is in your pocket if you are like me, and even though you have a screen protector some body armor will keep the phone looking new (Plastic is obviously softer than glass so pretty much anything will scratch it)

So people please stop posting that the screen is scratch proof because that is not the case, and those who are unlucky enough to have scratches on their screens be sure to read up on that liquid lense thing before trying, I don't know if that is made for glass repair...might just be composite lenses.

All it takes is one little stone to ruin your day with this phone.
    Mr. Wizard in the house! Finally, the most logical response to this topic that I've read. Let's hear it for HS science class!
    01-21-09 11:05 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD