Hello, got my Blackberry Storn 9500 around a month ago and im loving it.

Unfortunately ive scratched the screen slighlty and its quite noticiable especially going in sms messages due to the white background screen.

Anyone got any reccomendations on how to get rid of the scratch or at least improve it?
    01-20-09 04:11 PM
    is the screen scratched or the thin cover that came on it scratched?
    01-20-09 04:12 PM
    I remember a friend of mine that scratched his expensive watch quite noticeably. He took it to a jewellery shop and they rubbed some chemical over it and it took the scratch away.

You could always try that...
    01-20-09 04:17 PM
    I believe the popular option is Brasso. Seem to recall catching that in a thread here somewhere. If you check in the Storm forums, you will find a couple about this issue.....
    01-20-09 04:22 PM
    It comes with a thin cover on it. That could be why it appears to be scratched. Unless you are walking around with your keys/bolts/heavy machinery in your pocket, you should be be scratched....
    01-20-09 04:22 PM
    is the screen scratched or the thin cover that came on it scratched?
    Its definately the screen that is scratched.
    01-20-09 04:29 PM
    I got my 1st. replacement and it and copious amounts of scratches on the screen, so vzw lady called to see if i was happy with my replacement i replied "yes but it has scratches on the screen" so they shipped me a 2nd replacement storm and then i realized it was the factory screen protector. By the way the 2nd replacement screen did not click very well, so i sent that one back didn't even turn it on.
    Thats my little funny story so check to see if it is the factory screen protector.
    01-20-09 04:38 PM
    Its definately the screen that is scratched.
    Not to belabor the point, but that is why people are asking if you removed the cover, and your reply that the screen is scratched doesn't answer the question. The protective cover is put on very well and very close the edges such that many people don't even realize it is there. It can be a bit hard to remove, so you would remember if you did.

If you did remove the cover, then you would be one of the few people who have actually scratched their screen.
    01-20-09 04:45 PM
    Not to belabor the point, but that is why people are asking if you removed the cover, and your reply that the screen is scratched doesn't answer the question. The protective cover is put on very well and very close the edges such that many people don't even realize it is there. It can be a bit hard to remove, so you would remember if you did.

If you did remove the cover, then you would be one of the few people who have actually scratched their screen.
    I had taken the protective screen cover off when i intially got the phone. Put it this way, if you run your fingernail across the scratch, you can feel it.
    01-20-09 04:54 PM
    try this?

http:// Liquid Lense
    01-20-09 05:06 PM
    Mine's not scratch but I thought the screen is scratch proof??
    01-20-09 05:59 PM
    Mine's not scratch but I thought the screen is scratch proof??
    it is scratch proof unless your carrying a glass cutter or Smuggling Diamonds in your pocket ..... i have said this before...if you can scratch it with a key it is NOT the screen you are scratching this post is going to eventually end with one of those .... "OMG it did have an extra protector on it I'm so relived"
    01-20-09 06:05 PM
    The storm ships with more than one screen protector Installed. Look closely. I would be willing to bet that there is still another protector on the screen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Montauk17; 01-20-09 at 06:32 PM.
    01-20-09 06:18 PM
    I saw in a youtube that a person is doing a test on the screen.. How could you scratch it?

h**p://au.youtube.com/watch?v=rRLscm8G8Q0
    01-20-09 06:19 PM
    Post a close up picture please.
    01-20-09 06:19 PM
    The storm ships with more than one screen protector Installed. Look closely. I would be willing to bet that there is still another protector in the screen.

That's what I was trying to get at....
    He did not wanna hear it though...
    01-20-09 06:20 PM
    That's what I was trying to get at....
    He did not wanna hear it though...
    Ive showed the scratch to quite a few people who agree with me that it is definately scratched. Ive even been trying to peel the sides off the screen!! ive phoned up Vodafone, who eventually came back to me to say that the Storm 9500 only came with one protective cover.
    01-21-09 03:48 AM
    that's what i had too... one cover and it made touches not ok, thought it was broken at first. removed it and it worked a charm. not multiple covers...

btw, if you succeeded at peeling a layer of glass off the screen, pm me... i might have job for you :P

edit: sorry typing with one hand and cant be bothere3dcd to nclean up my text... which would have been quicker then typing this
    01-21-09 04:06 AM
    My first storm I had got a nice scratch on the screen from the construction I'm in. For all the people that saythe scren is scratch proof I laugh in there face! Even Verizon would laugh if you tell them the screen is scratch proof! One of the first things Verizon told me to do was get a screen protector to avoid scratches

01-21-09 05:39 AM
    I do have a scratch on mine but it is my own fault because I took off the screen protector.
    01-21-09 06:45 AM
    I too thought that I had scratched my screen. I had taken off the first protector and was carrying my Storm in my jacket pocket. Sure as Sh** I thought I had scractched my screen. So off to the Verizon store and to my relief the girl at the counter said " Oh not to worry, there is a second screen protector" and she peeled away the scratch.
    Moral to this story ' Use a Screen Protector'!!!
    01-21-09 07:26 AM
    Wow, I would have never thought there was a screen protector already on the phone. I had a key scratch the first day and even tried to get it out with displex. After reading this I saw that there is a flawless screen under there. When I get my ZAGG IS i am taking off that scratch and making sure I am protected from now on.
    01-21-09 08:00 AM
    The Storm does scratch. Mine scratched FROM DUST and had to be sent back. When I told Verizon about the hunting knife video and the Storm not scratching they laughed and sent me a new one.

It is NOT scratch proof. I kept mine with a screen protector and a clear case in a belt holster and it scratched!
    01-21-09 08:19 AM
    I had taken the protective screen cover off when i intially got the phone. Put it this way, if you run your fingernail across the scratch, you can feel it.
    Are you sure it's not just dirt or smudge? I leave my keys in the same pocket with my phone all the time and I do not have a screen protector... the screen gets pretty dirty but it never scratches. Chances are if you can feel it when you run your finger over it, that it's not a scratch, probably just some sort of deposit. Someone would have had to etch into your phone, since the top cover is glass.
    01-21-09 08:19 AM
    The Storm does scratch. Mine scratched FROM DUST and had to be sent back. When I told Verizon about the hunting knife video and the Storm not scratching they laughed and sent me a new one.

It is NOT scratch proof. I kept mine with a screen protector and a clear case in a belt holster and it scratched!
    Probably they sent you a new one because they are tired of people coming to them claiming that a Youtube video taught them to how to do this, that or the other and now their phone is FUBAR. The idea that your phone scratched from having dust on is, to put it nicely, very rare. The screen is made from glass, and glass does not usually scratch when it gets dust on it, since dust is not abrasive. Dust is actually quite soft.
    01-21-09 08:22 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD