ive searched on this topic and only found suggestions rather than success. Has anyone successfully removed scratches from their storm? I have a few small scratches nothing significant but enough that is causes the scratched area to display a rainbow like effect with white backgrounds, etc. Ive googled a few products but I far prefer the opinion of this community. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

cheers
    -Adam
    05-04-09 02:35 AM
    I have yet to actually see one of these screens scratch. Are you sure you don't just have the factory screen protector on it and that's what is scratched?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-09 03:26 AM
    I haven't heard of anyone scratching their screen either. I can't think of anything that will get scratches out of thi glass. Sorry.

05-04-09 03:38 AM
    You might want to check if the factory screen protector is still applied to your screen. It does look just like the screen but there is a thin layer on there which you can peel off. To do this you need to try and use your nail around the edge of the screen and dig under. But be careful!!!!
    05-04-09 05:16 AM
    Ive heard theres a scratch liquid remover, But Ill recommend you to buy a screen protector
    05-04-09 07:23 AM
    I just posted the same thing in another thread. I had a scratch on mine when I bought it from a co-worker. I got a good deal and just thought I would live with it. I took it to have a Case Mate Ghost Armor applied and the guy showed me I already had a screen protector. My co-worker had told me he never put one on and was sorry about the scratch. After I brought it back in a showed it to him with the new protector, he told me he should have charged me more. He gave ame a break due to the scratch.

Moral: Most people do not even know the phone comes with a factory applied protector. Check it, I bet yours has it.
    05-04-09 07:27 AM
    I haven't heard of anyone scratching their screen either. I can't think of anything that will get scratches out of thi glass. Sorry.

there is even a video on youtube somewhere of someone going to town on their screen with all sorts of sharp objects and it leaves no scratches at all

I might try to find it and post it later
    05-04-09 07:35 AM
    I agree, the thin hard-to-see protector film scratches in a way that causes those rainbow like lines. I have a few, but I dont worry about it, since it's the protector.
    The screen itself seems hard to scratch, unless you try too hard.
    05-04-09 09:04 AM
    I'm just gonna pipe in with the rest of the gang and say it's the stock screen protector....

I'm naked since day three... and ZERO issues with the screen scratching...
    05-04-09 09:52 AM
    I really appreciate everyone on this one. I've seen the youtube videos of people taking knives and such to the screen and it doesnt scratch but I seriously thought I had scratched my screen because of those rainbow lines but after every one of you told me to take a second look I did and there is indeed a factory screen protector on it so now I sigh with relief. Thanks again!

cheers
    -Adam
    05-04-09 01:00 PM
    mines scratched... i know its not the screen protector cuz that fell off.. its not that noticeable but its scratched... T_T
    05-04-09 01:09 PM
    Yea I scratched mine too. Diamond earrings scratched EVERY phone I ever had...Right where my earlobe touches.

Lesson learned! Earrings are for chicks lol
    05-04-09 01:14 PM
    I really appreciate everyone on this one. I've seen the youtube videos of people taking knives and such to the screen and it doesnt scratch but I seriously thought I had scratched my screen because of those rainbow lines but after every one of you told me to take a second look I did and there is indeed a factory screen protector on it so now I sigh with relief. Thanks again!

cheers
    -Adam
    now do yourself a favor and buy an invisible shield on zagg.com. it's guaranteed for life and it makes the phone scratch proof as well as a better "feel" in your hands. less slippery. search invisible shield on crackberry. i've posted some very useful tips on application of the film.

'
    I have a small scratch in mine. I removed the screen protectors(both of them) when I got the phone. Invis-shield is covering them now so I don't care much.
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD