I've upgraded the OS on my curve, and i want to either install Lyricidal's OS or just reinstall 148. I am not good with computers at all, so reading the directions gets me so confused. I also downlaoded Crackmem and read the directions... haha... rediculous.
    I'm completely lost with computers, any ideas?
    06-23-09 08:18 PM
    not good with computers=stick with the official .148

No real need for any hybrids or crackmem. .148 works just fine
    06-23-09 08:27 PM
    if your scared i wouldnt recomend doing it. you can end up bricking your storm then your in a world of trouble. also why do you reinstall .148?
    06-23-09 08:28 PM
    No one will be able to post a response to your thread that makes any more sense or is more clear than what is in the how-to threads. Step back for a few days before doing anything with the OS. Sit back, read, learn and enjoy.
    06-23-09 08:28 PM
    i felt the same way when i upgraded my curve, but it was pretty easy. i'm kinda hopeing this would be the same way.
    As far as why... i read that when you reinstall with crackmem you can delete all the un-needed junk that just takes up space, and so many people talk about how great the hybrid OS's are.
    06-23-09 08:48 PM
    personally im not a big fan of hybrids anyway. i would just install the official .148 and leave well enough alone since your pc isnt really friendly toward you to begin with.
    06-23-09 08:53 PM
    Just stick with the official update 148 you don't want to harm your device by accident and void warranty for your phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-09 09:15 PM
    Stay with the straight up .148. It's a great OS and you wont be running all different kinds of modules if you need help with something.
    06-23-09 10:10 PM
    I agree installing the official 148 is as straight forward as it gets & is a great os.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-09 10:26 PM
    If you dont feel comfortable then dont do it.
    06-24-09 03:31 AM
    Like the others have stated, there is really no need for installing hybrids anymore. With 148, almost all of the bugs have been taken care of.

That said, we all have been there; this community is a huge resource and you should use it! First, read the stickies in the beta OS forum on how to backup and upgrade your OS...if you have any issues, write back here - most everyone is willing to help.

Have fun!
    06-24-09 09:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD