i installed the os from the verizon site which is 4.7.0.65 and when i plug my storm into computer and start desktop manager it says it has an update to the 4.7 core applications. why does it say this if this is the software version on the storm? is this a mistake? does anyone else have this happen to them?
    11-22-08 11:10 AM
    It is what is says it is. When you "updated" from VZW you really went backwards....I started the update and noticed that my current OS was newer than the VZW one....
    11-22-08 11:12 AM
    It is what is says it is. When you "updated" from VZW you really went backwards....I started the update and noticed that my current OS was newer than the VZW one....
    so this actually is an update and not a mistake? what changes have you noticed?
    11-22-08 11:13 AM
    NONE I never updated from VZW because I would have gone backwards....
    11-22-08 11:14 AM
    Look at your current platform. If it is .82 then you are fine, and if you upgrade it will actually revert you back to platform .76 and it's a pain in the A$$ to get it back to .82. So if your at current .82 platform DON'T DO IT!
    11-22-08 11:15 AM
    so this actually is an update and not a mistake? what changes have you noticed?
    No em its not an update...well i mean it is an update but not in the sense your thinking.... the phone you purchased was updated by VZW with the latest OS so it was sold to you with V4.7.0.65 (Platform 4.0.0.82).... when you downloaded that OS from the vzw site you actually downloaded the Original OS prior to the VZW update which was done to the devices the night before release day... so when you did that "Update" what you actually did was roll the device back to v4.7.0.65 (Platform 4.0.0.76)
    11-22-08 11:20 AM
    where are you downloading this os from? link please
    11-22-08 11:22 AM
    Look at your current platform. If it is .82 then you are fine, and if you upgrade it will actually revert you back to platform .76 and it's a pain in the A$$ to get it back to .82. So if your at current .82 platform DON'T DO IT!
    Ya i know i was an ***** and rolled my device back.... is their a way to get it back to platform .82?
    11-22-08 11:22 AM
    I haven't done this, but this platform downgrade to .76 you guys are talking about came from the CD that was in the box didn't it? Not the VZW website... If indeed the .76 did come from the website, then...

First:
    How in the **** could Verizon be so stupid as to leave on older OS update on the website when they knew damn well as soon as someone plugged in their phone it would undo all the work they did the night before getting these phones out the door with .82?

Secondly, why isn't the phone/update software smart enough to know that the current OS on a phone is newer than what it is suggesting is an "update" (poor choice of term to use) or at least make it abundantly clear that "you are going backwards, are you sure you want to continue?"

This is such **** poor OS management, and completely inexcusable.
    Last edited by D_Dog; 11-22-08 at 01:06 PM.
    11-22-08 01:03 PM
    how do you get back to .82?
    11-22-08 01:12 PM
    I haven't done this, but this platform downgrade to .76 you guys are talking about came from the CD that was in the box didn't it? Not the VZW website... If indeed the .76 did come from the website, then...

First:
    How in the **** could Verizon be so stupid as to leave on older OS update on the website when they knew damn well as soon as someone plugged in their phone it would undo all the work they did the night before getting these phones out the door with .82?

Secondly, why isn't the phone/update software smart enough to know that the current OS on a phone is newer than what it is suggesting is an "update" (poor choice of term to use) or at least make it abundantly clear that "you are going backwards, are you sure you want to continue?"

This is such **** poor OS management, and completely inexcusable.

The downgrade Came from the CD in the Box... but i do agree the DM should prompt you that you are downgrading and not claim it to be an update... however to those that goofed up like me VZW has posted the Updated version which includes the platform .82 i downloaded it this morning and im back up and running with platform .82
    11-22-08 02:29 PM
    Second that... how do you get back to .82.... Thanks Doug
    11-22-08 02:59 PM
    Can someone post how to get back to platform .82?!?!?!?!?! Thanks!
    11-22-08 04:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD