I've been trying to figure out for a while now, how do you put your media on the card as opposed to the device memory. Do you need to do it from the options>memory? Also, once the media is on the device, how do you move it to the card? Right now I have mine set as a mass media storage device.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    12-05-08 09:13 PM
    Camera -> BB Key -> Options

Store Pictures: "On Media Card"

Once done, navigate to picture in the Media browser. Select (hover/no click) it, BB key -> Move

You should have all the picture folders (or whatever media folders) available.
    12-05-08 09:32 PM
    I've been trying to figure out for a while now, how do you put your media on the card as opposed to the device memory. Do you need to do it from the options>memory? Also, once the media is on the device, how do you move it to the card? Right now I have mine set as a mass media storage device.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    With the Media Card installed, goto Options, Media Card and set
    Media Card Support: On
    Encryption Mode: None - unless you are paranoid
    Mass Storage Mode Support: On
    Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected: Prompt

Now when you connect your phone to the PC (provided DM is installed). The phone will prompt you to enable Mass Storage Mode. Select Yes and the Media Card will show up in My Computer as a new disk and then you can Drag 'n Drop your files to the correct places on the Media Card.

Copying stuff from Device Memory to the Media Card can be done two ways.

1. Use Desktop Manager with media manager
    2. On the phone, go to Media, press Menu, select Explore and navigate copy / paste

I don't have a Storm so the methods may vary a bit.
    12-05-08 09:43 PM
    With the Media Card installed, goto Options, Media Card and set
    Media Card Support: On
    Encryption Mode: None - unless you are paranoid
    Mass Storage Mode Support: On
    Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected: Prompt

Now when you connect your phone to the PC (provided DM is installed). The phone will prompt you to enable Mass Storage Mode. Select Yes and the Media Card will show up in My Computer as a new disk and then you can Drag 'n Drop your files to the correct places on the Media Card.

Copying stuff from Device Memory to the Media Card can be done two ways.

1. Use Desktop Manager with media manager
    2. On the phone, go to Media, press Menu, select Explore and navigate copy / paste

I don't have a Storm so the methods may vary a bit.
    When I open the folder on the computer it has various folders that say almost the same thing. How do I know which one is the media card?
    12-05-08 10:14 PM
    When I open the folder on the computer it has various folders that say almost the same thing. How do I know which one is the media card?
    If you can seee it on the PC then all of them are Media Card. Again, I am talking from the perspectiv eof a Curve owner. Your Storm may be different. Copy a file to somewhere and see where it shows up on the phone.
    12-05-08 10:25 PM
    Thank you very much. I will give it a shot.
    12-05-08 10:36 PM
    I dragged and dropped music directly into the folder labeled Music under Blackberry1>home>user>music. Came right up after a scan in my music application.
    12-05-08 11:04 PM
    I think I know whats happening. When I plug in my Storm 2 windows pop up. It says blackberry 1 and blackberry 2. Blackberry 2 is for the sd card and Blackberry 1 is for the device.
    12-06-08 12:12 AM
    I put the files on blackberry1 and the phone said it couldn't read the sd card til I unplugged. I then unplugged and it showed all my songs I added. Is this on the phone cause I don't think it holds 4 gb of songs without putting it on the card.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-08 12:27 AM
    thats true. i guess whatever works, huh, lol
    12-06-08 01:59 AM
    I think I know whats happening. When I plug in my Storm 2 windows pop up. It says blackberry 1 and blackberry 2. Blackberry 2 is for the sd card and Blackberry 1 is for the device.
    This sounds likely. Please, is there a possibility that you could remove the Media Card and see what then shows up when you plug in? What I am trying to do, since I do not have a Storm, is to work out exactly what shows up on screen with which options. This way we can help others to copy files to the right places.

I think that milesvdustin has copied his music to the Device Memory when he copied to Blackberry1>home>user>music.

As you are discovering, Device Memory is a very precious comodity and you should keep only the minimum of stuff on there that is neccessary to run the phone. Everything else needs to be on the Media Card.

Current ringtones and wallpaper need to be in Device Memory since when you connect to the PC, the phone is barred from accessing the Media Card and if the phone needs these resources and can;t find them, it will simply revert back to the current theme defaults which is very annoying because you will now have to reset all your custom ringtones and wallpaper. Most likely you will blame the phone for this too.

I believe that the Storm does copy these automatically to Device Memory but it's worth saying anyway.
    12-06-08 06:33 AM
    what apps can you move the the media card without having problems (to free up device memory)?
    03-03-09 04:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD