Hey guys I am wondering how to save a voicemail from your voicemail box and transfer it to a computer or sd card? I lost a loved one and still have a voicemail from that person which I want to keep. Please help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-09 12:21 AM
    i'm sorry for your loss.

assuming you have visual voicemail, do the following:
    1) highlight the voicemail you want to save
    2) click your bb button
    3) click on archive

now connect your storm to your pc and scroll to find your saved voice mail.
    04-16-09 12:36 AM
    I can't help but just wanted to say sorry for what happened from a fellow crackberrier.

04-16-09 12:45 AM
    First of all, sorry for your loss.

This is why we need somebody to develop an app similar to CallRec for PalmOS.

I'm assuming that you don't have Visual Voice Mail (VVM) since if you did, you'd have figured it out already. I don't know if you'll be able to keep your existing voicemails if you add Visual Voice Mail now, but if you can, then get free trial of VVM then save that voicemail to your SD.

If adding VVM removes your existing voicemails, and if you really want to save it as an audio file but have no other way, email me and I may be able to help you out.

[email protected]
    04-16-09 04:01 AM
    Actually, I think the easiest way would be to get a digital recorder, go to a quiet room, put your phone on speaker, then record that voicemail with a digital recorder.
    04-16-09 04:39 AM
    Wow thanks for all the responses. I think if I add visual voicemail it may delete the inbox. I think I might try a recorder. I have 18 days before it deletes. Thanks everyone.

04-16-09 07:56 AM
    much better solution at gotvoice dot com

I just went through the same thing and it worked great for me.
    04-16-09 08:13 AM
    Wow thanks for all the responses. I think if I add visual voicemail it may delete the inbox. I think I might try a recorder. I have 18 days before it deletes. Thanks everyone.

Just keep saving them. I have VM's from early last year still saved. I would like to save them to a sound bite though. It sometimes is a pain when I want to hear the new VM and have to weed through and re-save the old ones again.
    04-16-09 10:43 AM
    I had a VM from my son singing a song that I never wanted to lose so I used the cord that goes from my speakers to my computer and just plugged it in from the storm headphone jack into the input on the computer and used a regular recorder program to transfer it.

For future use I then changed over to YouMail. It sends you an MP3 of every VM so you never have to do it again. I know that doesn't help now but a great feature of YouMail.
    04-16-09 11:00 AM
    I had a VM from my son singing a song that I never wanted to lose so I used the cord that goes from my speakers to my computer and just plugged it in from the storm headphone jack into the input on the computer and used a regular recorder program to transfer it.

For future use I then changed over to YouMail. It sends you an MP3 of every VM so you never have to do it again. I know that doesn't help now but a great feature of YouMail.
    how do you get youmail to send you your voice mail?? if you delete the voice mail does it get deleted from your voice mail account as well?
    04-17-09 07:21 PM
    vzw offers a 3rd party company who will log into your VM and save any messages as an mp3, if you take the time you could figure out how to do it through a PC. just need a VOIP client, and an audio capture software...
    04-17-09 07:26 PM
    Great idea to use the speaker cord. This should be the easiest solution for op. YouMail rocks!

04-17-09 07:26 PM
    a lot of the 3rd party VM apps actually send the file to your device...ex: VVM saves it onto your memory, so you can't use the app while syncing/plugged into your PC, can't access onboard memory = can't play file. i'd say speaker cable into tape recorder, and keep it analog then just deal with saving an mp3 later if you want to.
    04-17-09 07:31 PM
    Any help I could offer has already been mentioned, but I do want to offer my condolences. Best wishes.

04-17-09 07:41 PM
    Hey guys I am wondering how to save a voicemail from your voicemail box and transfer it to a computer or sd card? I lost a loved one and still have a voicemail from that person which I want to keep. Please help.

I'm really sorry for your loss.

What I would do is buy a cable from Radio Shack or any electronics supply store, that has both ends the same and they look like the end of your headphones. Then plug an end on your Storm "Headphones out" and the other end on the portable cassette recorder (mike in). Call your voice mail and press record on the cassette recorder. It should work perfectly.
    04-17-09 08:03 PM
    I dont know if this will help you now, but i use youmail, and i can save my voice mails to my computer in mp3 format. great for when the ex calls biiiiitchin.

or you can get a headphone cable and plug it into your phone and computer and record it that way
    and sorry for your loss
    04-17-09 08:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD