Hey

There is a lot of differences about Battery feedback with storm user...

So if 2 peoples have same battery , same OS , why One having a good battery ( 2 days ) ans the other one bad ( 1 day ) , and same Usage, same seetings .

Is it the Battery or the Hardware ???
    any idea ?
    04-08-09 08:22 AM
    A lot of it has to do with how many applications and what kind of applications a different phone is running...that's one variable.
    04-08-09 08:23 AM
    and the backlight settings...how many apps run in the background, how strong the signal is, etc etc
    04-08-09 08:25 AM
    many variables that people just dont take into account when they say they are running the storm "the same" as others
    04-08-09 08:53 AM
    Battery Pulls almost always knock off at least 1 tick of the battery guage on the phone, it's a very battery intense thing to do.

Keeping many apps open in background, like google maps (must hit exit, holding back doesnt work, which gets me a lot) would be one examply because it downloads and uses GPS.

Heavy internet usage or call usage will drain it faster.

I never do battery pulls, always keep bluetooth disabled unless using it, and keep only the 5 mandatory apps permanently open, then mostly use the phone for browser/texting throughout the day. Gets me 2 full days out of the charge if it doesnt do a random reboot.
    04-08-09 09:14 AM
    I think there are deeper software issues for this. I have owned a totally OEM storm (VZW, .75, no add-on software) for just over 3 months. At first battery life was good (2 full days for my usage). I did maybe 3-4 battery pulls over the course of a month, no worries. Then at some point my battery life hit the fan; exact same usage, same phone config = 1 day. I tried batt pulls, mem clean, log clean, yadda yadda...nothing worked. However, I didn't change any settings or remove software, etc... My settings were already optimized for battery and I didn't mess around with them further to try to fix the issue. But then at some point in the last few weeks something happened and now my battery life is awesome again. Easily 2 full days based on my use.

My point is that this thing definitely has some weird software quirks. The only thing you can really do is follow the prescribed list of "known good battery saving tips" and hope for the best. Haha.
    Last edited by keeena; 04-08-09 at 09:36 AM.
    04-08-09 09:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD