Okay i have a question about something i read here in the forums...I just gotm a new replacement storm and it works well doesnt freeze and runs smooth on .151.
    the screen works well but towards the the corners i click just a little bit but it does click and so i can et around well with it but i want a little more click.
    I previously had pkcables fix with the paper circles in back of the battery and it worked on my last storm.
    but i heard someone talking about putting a guitar pick between the battery and the battery door.a thickness of .73 mm
    i play guitar so i have a pick and want to try but i want to know if this is safe to do?
    anyone experienced ppl here wanna help me out? i just dont want to screw up my repleacement after only days.....well hope to get some responses please dont flame me tho?
    08-07-09 01:53 AM
    some are using dimes now I think
    08-07-09 02:20 AM
    I don't understand how your screen can not click. Mine has been working great since heavy use since December and I can still hear the click on all parts of the screen. Maybe I just got a good Storm?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-09 02:26 AM
    my old storm sucked n i did the scren click fix....
    this one is good n im ok w it butid like it to click harder....
    and

btw dimes will destroy...and i mean destroy your phone not a smart idea at alll guys....thats why i was aksing bout the guitar poick i dont want to screw a phone up. im glad to hear your screens are well tho
    08-07-09 02:32 AM
    Dude I just got done custom making my screen click fix. I sanded down an old CD to the perfect size of a rectangle and my screen is pretty darn good.

08-07-09 06:41 AM
    I've been lucky as my screen clicks fine everywhere (so far). 0.73 is still a fairly thick guitar pick, I'd try a thinner pick first
    08-07-09 06:49 AM
    I don't understand how your screen can not click. Mine has been working great since heavy use since December and I can still hear the click on all parts of the screen. Maybe I just got a good Storm?

His problem is that many storms click differently depending on the tension. Especially near the edges and corners. There are torx screws that adjust this but there is a sticker over one of them where if you remove it you probably void your warranty. So the fixes people are talking about whether it be putting a business card, pick, dime, etc behind the battery before putting on the batterry cover help with this tension and the click. I personnaly have a small sticky note folded to help with my click. i'm sure you could just keep taking them back and getting a replacement until one clicks right, but that is a pain in the ****.
    08-07-09 09:05 AM
    Besides the guitar pick some of us are using the actual SIM card with similar placement, it seems to be the perfect thinkness.....

http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ye...ick-fix-242655
    08-07-09 09:10 AM
    1. Cut a business card to the size of the batter and put it behind the battery

2. FOLD another business card to the shape of the battery and cut off the excess and place that between the battery and the back cover.

Perfect click everywhere on the screen. No mushiness at all.
    08-07-09 09:11 AM
    I've got a Fender Heavy tortoise shell guitar pick behind my battery. Had paper for awhile but it tended to lose its effect. The click isnt perfect, soft spots at the very top and bottom edges right in the middle, but the corners have been fixed. Closest I've gotten to perfect and I don't think it's nearly as much risk as a dime. My battery door isn't bulging and I don't feel like the screen is under too much tension. Every Storm is different though. Hope this helps
    08-07-09 11:19 AM
    I have refused every Storm that VZW has tried to give me that didn't have a properly functioning screen, so I haven't had to deal with this myself. However...

I have read a number of different threads about this, and here's the long and short of it: The problem is because the screen is not tightened correctly inside the handset. If you remove the battery cover, you will find two torx-head screws (one on either side, in the middle). One of them may have the red circle sticker over it, and you may have to very carefully remove it to adjust the screw - just put it back when you're done).

Placing CDs, business cards, dimes, etc inside the back of the phone are likely to only temporarily correct the symptom and then return later and make it much worse. Search out the other information - it's out there.
    08-07-09 05:00 PM
    I too had a Fender Heavy Tortoise in mine for a while. Wound up sending it back due to other shortcomings, and the one now does not need it. But to answer the OP, yes a guitar pick will work well. Try a few different thicknesses.

I actually had a stainless pick in it for a while, but got paranoid of batteries and metal contact in my pocket.
    08-07-09 05:28 PM
    best method is the torx fix...no items in the back neccessary...imho

http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/sc...rx-fix-109036/
    08-07-09 05:37 PM
    I use a dime over my battery. Perfect clicks and my phone isn't destroyed. Just my 2 cents

08-07-09 06:51 PM
    yea i have an okay screen just the corners dont click as desired i gues i will try a pick smaller than .73 then and see what happens then....thanks for the responses tho!
    08-09-09 07:14 PM
    I use a dime over my battery. Perfect clicks and my phone isn't destroyed. Just my 2 cents

Technically it is your 10 cents... LOL.. I know that was corny but I had to. Anyways, I am on my 3rd Storm now because the 1st one the end button stopped working, the 2nd one, the screen had no bounce back when typing. Had to press down harder and harder till I gave up and went and got it exchanged again.

As for the idea of having to put a business card, or a dime in my phone to make it work properly. I guess I will do what I have to, to avoid having to replace yet another phone.
    08-09-09 07:59 PM
    Okay i have a question about something i read here in the forums...I just gotm a new replacement storm and it works well doesnt freeze and runs smooth on .151.
    the screen works well but towards the the corners i click just a little bit but it does click and so i can et around well with it but i want a little more click.
    I previously had pkcables fix with the paper circles in back of the battery and it worked on my last storm.
    but i heard someone talking about putting a guitar pick between the battery and the battery door.a thickness of .73 mm
    i play guitar so i have a pick and want to try but i want to know if this is safe to do?
    anyone experienced ppl here wanna help me out? i just dont want to screw up my repleacement after only days.....well hope to get some responses please dont flame me tho?
    mine does the same thing in the top left corner on landscape and bottom right on portrait
    08-09-09 10:58 PM
    best method is the torx fix...no items in the back neccessary...imho

http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/sc...rx-fix-109036/
    +10000

give this fix a try and you might be shocked at how it really does work. And you can keep your dime for that next big purchase of yours.
    08-10-09 12:47 AM
    I use my guitar pick, and it's under the battery actually. I tried all sorts of things, but the guitar pick was the best for me. I used to keep it in my wallet for 7 years, and when I got a new wallet, I put it in the phone. ****, I used to put old fortune cookie fortunes behind all my battery doors for "good luck".
    08-10-09 01:51 AM
    I use my guitar pick, and it's under the battery actually. I tried all sorts of things, but the guitar pick was the best for me. I used to keep it in my wallet for 7 years, and when I got a new wallet, I put it in the phone. ****, I used to put old fortune cookie fortunes behind all my battery doors for "good luck".
    did you try the torx screw fix?
    08-10-09 01:53 AM
    I haven't tried the torx fix (as I have every torx bit from T40 to T7 >.<), so what I did was put electrical tape (about 5 or 6 small squares) in two spots on my battery cover... it made it a lot better. Without it, it's really loose and the click is really loud. With it, the whole thing is a lot more responsive. And I just took it off tonight (after two months with it on), and there was almost no residue whatsoever. I didn't expect that.

Maybe that's a possible solution?
    08-10-09 02:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD