The Storm has this minus support for tabs? What exactly does this mean, when surfing we cannot click any icon tabs on webpages?
    09-27-08 05:52 PM
    I think it means there will be only one window available to browse and not an option of "open in a new window/tab" type of thing.
    09-27-08 06:47 PM
    I think it means there will be only one window available to browse and not an option of "open in a new window/tab" type of thing.
    i REALLY hope not
    09-27-08 09:18 PM
    I could be wrong (hope so) but I know that Safari uses different windows to browse and not tabs (i.e. firefox) so maybe that's what tabs are referring to. Even the iPhone can't do tabs IIRC but it can do seperate windows in a single browser application so that's what I'm hoping for...that at least there is an option for "opein in a new window" but there probably won't be one for "in a new tab" such as firefox
    09-27-08 09:25 PM
    I could be wrong (hope so) but I know that Safari uses different windows to browse and not tabs (i.e. firefox) so maybe that's what tabs are referring to. Even the iPhone can't do tabs IIRC but it can do seperate windows in a single browser application so that's what I'm hoping for...that at least there is an option for "opein in a new window" but there probably won't be one for "in a new tab" such as firefox
    Mobile Safari is able to open multiple windows within the safai app. Normal Safari uses tabs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-08 12:28 AM
    Mobile Safari is able to open multiple windows within the safai app. Normal Safari uses tabs.

i see that as essentially the same thing. multiple 'windows' in one app, sounds like tabs to me.
    09-28-08 12:58 PM
    Hope they plan on eventually adding tabs.
    09-28-08 01:43 PM
    i see that as essentially the same thing. multiple 'windows' in one app, sounds like tabs to me.
    It basically is just like tabs, but it is a completely different window.

09-28-08 02:22 PM
    They need to add this feature. To launch without it would be silly.

09-30-08 10:17 PM
    I never new that Mobile Safari didn't support tabs! Kinda makes sense tho as space is at a premium on mobile screens so having new windows instead of tabs does kinda work I guess....
    10-01-08 04:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD