Well I was informed yesterday that my current contract will be ending on April 17th. I kinda thought it would end in June, not in a few weeks. With that, I will no longer be on a BES configuration which means.... I can start actually using programs! YAY!!! It's sad, but I am somewhat relieved that I don't have the restrictions anymore (besides other things related to being at that company). Now if I can just find another contract so I can pay for this thing...

BTW, the contract ended because of a merger, not because of the economy. In less than a year, I may be back on the project training the new employees with the the company. This is the calm before the storm, no pun intended.
    03-28-09 11:42 AM
    Well I was informed yesterday that my current contract will be ending on April 17th. I kinda thought it would end in June, not in a few weeks. With that, I will no longer be on a BES configuration which means.... I can start actually using programs! YAY!!! It's sad, but I am somewhat relieved that I don't have the restrictions anymore (besides other things related to being at that company). Now if I can just find another contract so I can pay for this thing...

BTW, the contract ended because of a merger, not because of the economy. In less than a year, I may be back on the project training the new employees with the the company. This is the calm before the storm, no pun intended.
    Good luck, as a contractor you are actually at an advantage in this economy. Companies don't have to make a long term investment in you allowing them to keep costs down. Contractors always do well in a down economy. Hopefully you won't be on the bench for long..........
    03-28-09 11:47 AM
    Umm congrats?
    I think.
    As for using programs... good luck finding some that will live up to your hype... Don't hold your expectations too high...
    03-28-09 11:48 AM
    It is a good/bad situation sounds like. Good that you have your freedom now. Bad because you are gonna be paying for your service.
    03-28-09 11:51 AM
    It's sad I know, I'm excited about being able to remove the shackles of an IT policy, yet I'll be unemployed. lol Plan on finding work soon, as I've already started looking. I have been in this line of work (corporate training) for right at 6 years and have only been out of work for about 3 months at the longest. I'm sure something will be available.

And I've found lots of programs for the Storm that I like and can do exactly what I want. More is always better for selection, but I really don't see limitations or a need to lower expectations. But to each his own.
    03-28-09 03:14 PM
    Good luck, as a contractor you are actually at an advantage in this economy. Companies don't have to make a long term investment in you allowing them to keep costs down. Contractors always do well in a down economy. Hopefully you won't be on the bench for long..........
    really i never knew this im contracted through a company called Sutherland
    03-28-09 03:29 PM
    have fun. no more taddleberry (what i call BES "big brother" monitoring) for you!
    03-28-09 03:40 PM
    Its worth paying for your own service anyway no big brother.
    03-28-09 09:33 PM
    Well I was already paying for my own service anyways, so no change other than the fact that I can downgrade to the BIS plan. Yeah the idea of the admins controlling the device I pay for sucked but I could get things done without being tied to my laptop.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-09 09:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD