I have DM 5.0 installed on my HP Windows Vista computer and when I try launch Media Manager I get this error message:

Microsoft Windows

MediaManager9 Module has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

Is this a problem with my computer or DM Roxio Media Manager? I would like to add movies to my Storm to take with me, but as of yet am unable to. Can I put the movies on my SD card? or Device memory? Help me. Thank you, in advance.
    08-28-09 05:16 PM
    After doing some research, it seems that there is an error with RIM's desktop manager and Roxio, that causes this. Unfortunately I did not find a fix for it yet.

You can use media player to transfer music to your SD card, I just created a music folder on it and put my stuff in there. For videos you may need to convert them to the correct format, and there are plenty of free software to do that. To put the video files in, when you plug in your phone go to open folder to view files and navigate to your SD card. I just copied my converted videos to a video folder on there.

If you download the stand-alone roxio, it should be fine. It was a problem with the system registry or something with the roxio they gave you.

*One person claimed upgrading to a new version of Desktop Manager fixed it*
    08-28-09 05:27 PM
    Are you evoking him thru your DM ? Many have gone straight to the RIM Site and installed the SEPARATE Windows app Blackberry Media Sync - it works great for music (ie transcribing from iPOD). For Movies, I use the Applian Package and Windows Vista Business Explorer to drag and drop onto my Storm.

Doctor Neutron
    08-28-09 06:06 PM
    Thank you, Thanontos & DoctorNeutron!! Can you recommend a good, free video converter? What do you use?
    Last edited by StormyGirl; 08-28-09 at 06:08 PM.
    08-28-09 06:06 PM
    yep, indeed you have to download install seperately. Then it will work. I have used it a couple times with no issues

Handbrake for the video converter
    08-28-09 06:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD