Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else. I've got some ringtones assigned to contacts, and they're all set to "active profile". When I have my phone set to vibrate or silent, the ringtones still "ring" when these contacts call. I'm on .75 and have already done a battery pull. Maybe an OS update will fix it? Do you think this is a software issue, or some setting that I messed up?
    01-19-09 02:41 AM
    Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else. I've got some ringtones assigned to contacts, and they're all set to "active profile". When I have my phone set to vibrate or silent, the ringtones still "ring" when these contacts call. I'm on .75 and have already done a battery pull. Maybe an OS update will fix it? Do you think this is a software issue, or some setting that I messed up?
    Have you heard that Google is your friend? In this forum, Search is your friend!

There are literally 100 separate topic posts on this. It has to do with custom profiles. Same issue here. Made a custom profile, and all is good.
    01-19-09 06:53 AM
    Much obliged

However, I did a search, and the only thing that came up was people with the same issue and no solution. Some even referred to it as a bug and gave up hope. One goes on to explain how setting the rings to "active profile" will fix it. However, that was the first thing I verified (common sense) when it started happening, and to no avail.

It does seem that "custom profile" is the way to go. If you look for custom profile under the volume settings for your ring, you won't find it. :P

On the home screen, at the top left underneath the battery icon, is a speaker icon for setting sound profiles. Click on it, and it will say "select a sound profile". Scroll all the wall down to "custom profile" and there you go!

Just in case, here is a forum discussion that covers this, with some visuals to help.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ications-1623/
    Last edited by eurojazzer; 01-19-09 at 08:24 AM.
    01-19-09 07:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD