I'm having problems finding out to set up the ringtone duration on the new storm. I can modify the vibration alert length but not the actua ring-tone itself. It keeps cutting into the voicemail too early.

I had the ringtones set up longer on my [previous] curve through the sound profile.

hope someone can help/advise
    12-15-08 07:39 AM
    you can call your provider and have them extend it to 30 seconds before voicemail. i believe by default they set it for 20 seconds
    12-15-08 07:48 AM
    Thanks. I'll call them. Mine only lasts 15 seconds before voicemail
    12-15-08 08:03 AM
    I'm experiencing the same problem. I feel as calls go through to voicemail so much quicker than they did with my old phone. Per this thread and another (http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/inc...icemail-19652/) I called to have my settings changed. Here is what I was told on my two attempts:

1) That nothing could be changed on their side but I could try setting a longer ring tone on my end.

2) That any change they make only lasts for 24 hours and so there is no point in changing the length of time before going to voice mail.

I don't put much value in what I'm told by an individual rep. However, before I repeatedly call back until someone can help me, can someone confirm that it is indeed still possible to change the duration of time before a call is put through to voice mail on Verizon?
    12-15-08 08:54 AM
    Thanks. I'll call them. Mine only lasts 15 seconds before voicemail
    That's because it takes 5 seconds for it to viabrate first. If you love your ringtone that much, just turn viabrate to "In Holster Only" or completely off if you don't use it. That way, it'll start playing your ringtone the minute the phone rings and give you your 20 secs worth.

I can see it now... "Oh, sorry it took so long to answer your call, I was dancing to my ringtone."
    12-15-08 08:56 AM
    Thanks, but the ringtone was actually just 15 seconds long ... with vibrate set to OFF. I had to have the reflexes of a praying mantis to actually answer the phone ... :-)

I called up Vodafone who extended the ring-tone to 30 seconds (max) as was suggested by Acorn. There was no suggestion of this as been a temporary fix xan8470 ... good luck with Verizon.
    12-15-08 09:07 AM
    ... good luck with Verizon.
    I make my own ringtones and edit the parts that I want to be no longer then 20-30 secs. I also don't listen to the whole thing before I answer the phone, but if I let it ring all the way through to voicemail, my ringtones get to the point of the tone being used.
    12-15-08 09:27 AM
    I just called back a third time and was successful. The lady I spoke with this time saw the option in what she was looking at but wasn't able to make the change herself. So, she contacted technical support and was able to increase the duration before a call is put through to voicemail. If one rep says that you can't change this setting just say thank you, hang up, and try again or you may try going through technical support directly. Good luck.
    12-15-08 09:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD