And what I mean by that is the following...

It looks like from this major outage that the whole world is affected by it, that is because everything is centralized, run by one company that is RIM.

I believe the recommendation is, RIM should allow carriers to host BB services for their own customers, that way if an outage occurs on ATT only ATT customers would go down and so on.

I don't know how they can achieve that but it's worth looking into. RIM is completely unreliable, and should focus on selling hardware. Let the carriers deal with managing data/messaging etc.

I like RIM but their network is crap, one outage after another, for BES this is unacceptable!

Thoughts?
    12-22-09 10:02 PM
    Isn't that how they ensure security to the many corporations that use their products? Everything goes through their secure network.
    12-22-09 11:22 PM
    There is nothing wrong with providing carriers with the applications/servers and asking them to adhere to policy to ensure security is being implemented accordingly.

It's all about not having all your eggs in one basket.
    12-22-09 11:58 PM
    System maintenance fees. Security fees.
    Carriers would probably love this because they can start making up charges.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-09 03:57 AM

It looks like from this major outage that the whole world is affected by it, that is because everything is centralized, run by one company that is RIM.

I believe the recommendation is, RIM should allow carriers to host BB services for their own customers, that way if an outage occurs on ATT only ATT customers would go down and so on.

I don't know how they can achieve that but it's worth looking into. RIM is completely unreliable, and should focus on selling hardware. Let the carriers deal with managing data/messaging etc.

I like RIM but their network is crap, one outage after another, for BES this is unacceptable!

Thoughts?
    I agree. I missed a bunch of important emails last night from personal accounts, work, and my college classes...

Isn't that how they ensure security to the many corporations that use their products? Everything goes through their secure network.
    Security doesn't do anything for you if the entire system is defunct.

System maintenance fees. Security fees.
    Carriers would probably love this because they can start making up charges.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I think that competition between carriers would kick in and they'd all end up charging about the same. Maybe an extra $5-$10/month. I'd do it if it means my device would actually work. This is what...? 6 or 7 times in the last 6 months?
    12-23-09 05:05 AM
    I'm not agreeing or disagreeing, I'm just asking, isn't that how RIM creates it's competitive advantage?
    12-23-09 10:41 AM

Thoughts?
    You have a very shallow and ignorant mind.
    12-23-09 11:15 PM
    You have a very shallow and ignorant mind.
    Why do you think my suggestion is shallow? I need you to explain why outsourcing RIMS service to carriers is a bad thing? Let's have a mature discussion if you are up to it? if not... then shut the &@&*^# up!
    12-23-09 11:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD