So yesterday I decided to write an email to RIM letting them know about the issues I had with the Blackberry Curve 8330, and (moreso) the issues I've had so far with the Blackberry Storm. Before you read any further, let me say that I'm pretty happy with my Storm. I realise there are OS issues, but also know that they are being worked out. My issues are with the touchscreen (loose, non-responsive corners, etc).

Obviously folks are letting the issues be known to Verizon, and it seems Verizon is doing it's best to get replacement phones to people (myself included), but I thought I'd let my dissatisfaction be known to RIM.

While I did site problems related to the OS, I moreso told them about the issues a lot of folks seem to be having with the non-responsiveness of the corners of the touchscreen.

Here's the lovely (generic?) response I received from RIM, which does absolutely nothing to respond to the issues I addressed to them. I wasn't expecting miracles from them, but generic responses really show how much a company cares, don't they?

Hello Dion,

Thank you for contacting BlackBerry Customer Support in regard to your comments on the BlackBerry Storm 9500 smartphone.

We would like you to know that your comments were most generous and insightful. We encourage our users to submit product enhancement suggestions. To complement this approach, Research In Motion has created a special mailing address that will allow our users to submit suggestions relating to BlackBerry development. In the future, you may submit suggestions to [email protected]. We have forwarded this suggestion for you.

We would like to thank you again for being a valuable BlackBerry smartphone user and have a great day Dion.

Sincerely,

Jennifer
    BlackBerry Customer Support
    Research In Motion Limited
    Tel:
    NA Toll Free: 1-877-255-2377
    UK Toll Free: 0808 100 7466
    Europe: +44 1753 558400
    Worldwide: +1-519-888-6181
    Email: [email protected]
    Web: BlackBerry
    Last edited by MerlynNY; 12-02-08 at 09:12 AM. Reason: added more
    12-02-08 09:08 AM
    CS may just not be the people who handle that kind of stuff.. not taking their side in any way though because i hate generic responses as well.

WE SHOULD ALL BOMBARD THAT EMAIL BOX WITH OUR STORM PROBLEMS!!!!! :evil laugh:
    12-02-08 09:13 AM
    Um. That isn't RIM "not caring." That is RIM being a huge international company that surely cannot personally answer every single email from every single person who has ever had an issue with their blackberry. Seriously, you've got to be joking.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-08 09:16 AM
    That email address sounds like that old suggestion box at your office. You know the one that was right over the trashcan and had no bottom.
    12-02-08 09:23 AM
    Um. That isn't RIM "not caring." That is RIM being a huge international company that surely cannot personally answer every single email from every single person who has ever had an issue with their blackberry. Seriously, you've got to be joking.

Actually, I'm quite serious. I've had other "huge international companies" that have addressed issues and have not sent a generic reply.

If not for "every single person who has ever had an issue with blackberries" they would not be a huge international company to begin with.

I've had a lot of success in the past with putting together a well written email/letter to a company addressing issues.
    12-02-08 09:23 AM
    That email address sounds like that old suggestion box at your office. You know the one that was right over the trashcan and had no bottom.
    Heh, I'll give you that I'm trying to find an address at RIM that will get me better results.
    12-02-08 09:24 AM
    CS may just not be the people who handle that kind of stuff.. not taking their side in any way though because i hate generic responses as well.

WE SHOULD ALL BOMBARD THAT EMAIL BOX WITH OUR STORM PROBLEMS!!!!! :evil laugh:
    While I may agree with you, I have to laugh when it's suggested that Customer Service, might not be the people who handle.... customers seeking service?

Just kidding

Bombard away!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by MerlynNY; 12-02-08 at 09:26 AM. Reason: added text
    12-02-08 09:25 AM
    Actually, I'm quite serious. I've had other "huge international companies" that have addressed issues and have not sent a generic reply.

If not for "every single person who has ever had an issue with blackberries" they would not be a huge international company to begin with.

I've had a lot of success in the past with putting together a well written email/letter to a company addressing issues.
    One must take into consideration that you stated you sent this email yesterday. Have you even given this 24 hours? Many companies send out automated courtesy emails before your email is even read by human eyes. This may or may not be the case, I am just trying to add another way to look at the situation.

Bottom line is, for me anyhow, this email doesn't show RIM's lack of caring; I'd say this shows more of a lack of immediate response for every single consumer email that hits their inbox.

12-02-08 09:27 AM
    While I may agree with you, I have to laugh when it's suggested that Customer Service, might not be the people who handle.... customers seeking service?

Just kidding

Bombard away!!!!!!!!
    Ok, lol, it sounded better in my head. I think you get what i was saying though.
    12-02-08 09:32 AM
    lets all just copy the OP's orginal email and everyone send it out so that they get it from a massive amount of people...it'll be somewhat like a petition?
    12-02-08 09:34 AM
    One must take into consideration that you stated you sent this email yesterday. Have you even given this 24 hours? Many companies send out automated courtesy emails before your email is even read by human eyes. This may or may not be the case, I am just trying to add another way to look at the situation.

Bottom line is, for me anyhow, this email doesn't show RIM's lack of caring; I'd say this shows more of a lack of immediate response for every single consumer email that hits their inbox.

Yes I have. I recieved the first auto reply email that my email would be replied to within a 24 hour period. About 23 hours later, my email was answered, with a generic response.

Is it too much to ask that the generic response at least remotely address the issue I presented them? LOL

Maybe next time I'll beat them to the punch and initiate contact with a company by sending them a completely generic sounding email
    Last edited by MerlynNY; 12-02-08 at 10:19 AM.
    12-02-08 10:16 AM
    I think it's RIM's way of dealing with the problem. Perhaps if they don't acknowledge the issues, they'll just disappear.
    12-02-08 10:23 AM
    I think it's RIM's way of dealing with the problem. Perhaps if they don't acknowledge the issues, they'll just disappear.
    Oh they'll keep hearing from me and I will continue to request replacement devices until I get one that is perfect

Maybe if we keep complaining, the gap might disappear also
    12-02-08 10:25 AM
    Can you ask who the **** is that's responsible for leaving standby off??? [/EOM]

thanx
    12-02-08 10:28 AM
    Can you ask who the **** is that's responsible for leaving standby off??? [/EOM]

thanx
    Buy a holster. ****...
    12-02-08 10:30 AM
    Buy a holster. ****...
    Don't want to, it makes my @ss look big..

Guess I could always get one of these for my pocket...
    12-02-08 10:39 AM
    Very much so looks like an automatic response.

03-31-09 03:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD