If you are already a Rhapsody to Go member, will the Storm act as a Rhapsody player or is the Verizon version a different version which requires an additional membership?
    11-28-08 12:02 AM
    If you are already a Rhapsody to Go member, will the Storm act as a Rhapsody player or is the Verizon version a different version which requires an additional membership?
    I had Rhapsody thru Best Buy and when I bought ny LG 8700 phone all I did was cancel my Best Buy and transferred to Verizon's. It is the exact same as my Best Buy was. The interface on the Storm is different from other VZW phones but is still good. I just plug in my Storm into my computer and the program instantly recognized my Storm. Just remember that Verizon bills you $14.99 mo. for the service
    11-28-08 12:44 AM
    You do NOT need an additional membership. I used my regular togo account. I did download the verizon/rhapsody client (on the computer...not the phone app).
    Last edited by deezmfnutz; 12-03-08 at 05:53 PM.
    11-29-08 08:29 AM
    I could not get the Storm to transfer subscription files via Rhapsody. I could transfer mp3's, but even though there was no error, when I dragged subscription files to the Storm, nothing was there. Verizon CS tried for an hour with me but could not get it to work, and they couldn't get Rhapsody on the line to help. Has anyone successfully transferred a subscription track (not a purchased track) to the Storm?
    12-01-08 09:58 PM
    With Storm NOT connected to PC.....

Goto Options button.
    Click Memory.
    Change Mass Storage Mode Support to OFF. Make sure you SAVE.

Media Card Support & MTP should still say "on"

Now reconnect Storm & Open Rhapsody. You get different labels in Sources area. Can now transfer.

I had a weird thing that songs that I had transferred to PC Before doing this would not transfer to Media card. To device memory was fine??!!

Also, need to disconnect USB line after the transfers before looking for songs on Storm.
    Last edited by tahoerob; 12-02-08 at 01:29 AM.
    12-02-08 01:26 AM
    Wow! It worked. And I am using my Real Rhapsody to Go license, not a Verizon version, like Verizon told me I needed to!!! Thanks!!! Now I can download any subscription files to the Storm!!! Great!!!
    12-02-08 10:18 AM
    With Storm NOT connected to PC.....

Goto Options button.
    Click Memory.
    Change Mass Storage Mode Support to OFF. Make sure you SAVE.

Media Card Support & MTP should still say "on"

Now reconnect Storm & Open Rhapsody. You get different labels in Sources area. Can now transfer.

I had a weird thing that songs that I had transferred to PC Before doing this would not transfer to Media card. To device memory was fine??!!

Also, need to disconnect USB line after the transfers before looking for songs on Storm.
    Weird - My Mass Storage Mode Support is "On", and it worked fine.
    12-02-08 10:56 AM
    So how does the subscription work. Can you get it, download stuff you want then cancel the service or do you need to always have the service in order to have the music play on your BB?
    12-02-08 11:20 AM
    So how does the subscription work. Can you get it, download stuff you want then cancel the service or do you need to always have the service in order to have the music play on your BB?
    The music lasts as long as you pay the $14.95/mo
    12-02-08 11:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD