I am getting a replacement today do to screen issues. Its making a crunchie sound and its not too responsive in the bottom of the screen.

I was thinking of using JL_Cmder to wipe the phone. I know this will remove the OS as well.

Is it wrong to send the phone with no OS on it? I have a leaked OS on my phone. I was going to just do a wipe to get my data off, but saw JL_Cmder and thought of using it.

also has any one gotten a "like new" storm from verizon. They said it would be all new outside but the guts could be from another phone with parts replaced if needed be.
    05-07-09 08:51 AM
    IMO they won't care.

And yes you will more likely get a FRU
    05-07-09 08:52 AM
    That is how I sent in my 2 replacements with no problems.
    05-07-09 08:57 AM
    right on! thats what I will do. I didnt think they would care, but thought I would ask.

thats what I am going to do.
    05-07-09 09:10 AM
    just do a system whipe of the phone using the wipe feature that is on the phone and send it in with your leaked os on it. they dont care
    05-07-09 10:02 AM
    I am getting a replacement today do to screen issues. Its making a crunchie sound and its not too responsive in the bottom of the screen.

I was thinking of using JL_Cmder to wipe the phone. I know this will remove the OS as well.

Is it wrong to send the phone with no OS on it? I have a leaked OS on my phone. I was going to just do a wipe to get my data off, but saw JL_Cmder and thought of using it.

also has any one gotten a "like new" storm from verizon. They said it would be all new outside but the guts could be from another phone with parts replaced if needed be.
    Go to Options>Security>General Settings>Menu>Wipe Handheld. This will leave the device software on the device while removing all of your personal information and putting the device back to factory condition.
    05-07-09 10:13 AM
    even if I have a leaked OS on it? thats what my concern is/was
    05-07-09 10:29 AM
    Why not just wipe & reinstall .75 if you are that concerned?
    05-07-09 12:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD