I returned the BlackBerry Storm 3 days after it was delivered. Here's why:

1) Verizon Wireless reception was bad at my house
    2) Verizon Wireless reception was bad at my work (I guess I couldn't get the Network behind me).
    3) When I had reception, the BB Storm would drop calls and there was static in the background. Also, people had a hard time hearing me on the phone. It's probably Verizon's fault. Who knows. I live near a big city where the reception should be good according Verizon Wireless' coverage map.
    4) The BB Storm's quality was questionable (gaps around the top edges)
    5) The back of the BB Storm was VERY warm after only 15 minutes of use.
    6) Battery was draining fast. I only surf the web a little and I made only 4 phone calls that were short. I didn't turn off 3G, which was not available most of the time. I am in a 3G area.
    7) The Storms' accelerometer lags even with the upgrade. Plus it seems to have a mind of its own.
    8) No built-in Wi-Fi, but i knew that before I bought the phone. However, the iPhone has it and it's very nice to have when can't get 3G.
    9) There were a few things I did like about the Storm. However, everything above was a deal breaker for me.

By the way, I did do the upgrade to v4.7.0.75 and it made very little difference. Yes...I could have exchanged it for a new one but why bother if Verizon Wireless reception is bad in my area. Also, the BB Storm is a product that's in the Beta test phase (IMHO). The Storm is a good idea but it's not ready for the market. I am sure it will get better over time.

I love my iPhone 3G because it simply works and it does everything a lot better than the BB Storm. The iPhone does have flaws but they are very minimal. Surprisingly, ATT Wireless reception is not that bad in my area.

Good luck to everyone that loves their BB Storm!
    12-14-08 08:29 PM
    Cool. I'll send you a picture message from my Storm. Oh wait...
    12-14-08 08:33 PM
    We do have a iphone 3G forum here on CB so you can still stick around.
    12-14-08 08:34 PM
    LOL true that! You also won't be able to record anything, don't know if that's something you care to do.

Good luck w/ your Iphone
    12-14-08 08:35 PM
    The Storm may be able to send MMS but if you cant get a signal, what difference does it make? My wife does have the iphone 3G as well and I think its a incredible device. Yeah I like BB's better but the iphone and all its apps are addicting too.
    12-14-08 08:37 PM
    Coverage is the most important thing, so if VZW isn't good in your area then you are more than justified to make the switch. However, your points about the storm, I don't know, I think you got a bad product, because my battery life is excellent, minimal gaps, etc... no wifi is a bummer though
    12-14-08 08:39 PM
    The Storm may be able to send MMS but if you cant get a signal, what difference does it make? My wife does have the iphone 3G as well and I think its a incredible device. Yeah I like BB's better but the iphone and all its apps are addicting too.
    I was just making a dumb joke. Really, what do you say to the 1436th iPhone thread in the Storm forum?
    Here we go...

Please don't go dd. I need you. Crackberry wouldn't be the same without you.

PEACE OUT!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Good luck compardre. Don't be a stranger...
    12-14-08 08:40 PM
    I was just making a dumb joke. Really, what do you say to the 1436th iPhone thread in the Storm forum?

Considering that most of the OP's post was referrenced to the Storm, it is fine in this forum. Many of the threads that you say are iphone threads have referrencing as well to the Storm which makes it just fine to post in the Storm forum. If its strictly a iphone thread and gets posted here, then it gets moved.
    12-14-08 08:43 PM
    i rarely hear peoople saying at&t service is better than verizon.

if at&t didnt suck so bad around here, i would consider an iphone. but at&t sucks so there you go.
    12-14-08 08:43 PM
    i think the iphone is an attractive device. it does have some downsides like no removable battery but even so its really awesome at other things like web browsing. i would totally have bought one if my experience with service wasnt the exact opposite of you. I had AT&T / Cingular for 2 years and I dropped / lost calls all the time. Now that I have Verizon I know what a real network is like. Not 1 dropped call in 2 years.

i guess thats why we have choices
    12-14-08 08:44 PM
    Do me a favor - copy and paste... oh - sorry.
    12-14-08 08:44 PM
    I had iPhone 1st gen then got iPhone 3G. I returned it and got Blackberry Storm and iPod Touch. All apps that I had on my iPhone now have on iPod Touch so don't miss crappy AT&T service and all issues with iPhone not running apps in background, no MMS, no copy and paste, no file attachments to emails, and Apps that need to be approved by Apple. Email on iPhone is also not reliable.

I seen something very interesting today with Storm that would never happen with iPhone. Although there is navigation app from Verizon there is also one from Garmin that can be installed on the phone.

Apple will never approve products for App store that compete with their products. I think that its a shame that Apple decides what will be installed on the phone that you purchased. Apple should stick with iPods that is really what their thing is.

If you think about the features of the iPhone that people get the iPhone for what you get is iPod Touch. The phone/messaging features are really below average comparing to even Razor but people get iPhone because of the App Store which makes no sense to me.
    12-14-08 08:45 PM
    I returned the BlackBerry Storm 3 days after it was delivered. Here's why:

1) Verizon Wireless reception was bad at my house
    2) Verizon Wireless reception was bad at my work (I guess I couldn't get the Network behind me).
    3) When I had reception, the BB Storm would drop calls and there was static in the background. Also, people had a hard time hearing me on the phone. It's probably Verizon's fault. Who knows. I live near a big city where the reception should be good according Verizon Wireless' coverage map.
    4) The BB Storm's quality was questionable (gaps around the top edges)
    5) The back of the BB Storm was VERY warm after only 15 minutes of use.
    6) Battery was draining fast. I only surf the web a little and I made only 4 phone calls that were short. I didn't turn off 3G, which was not available most of the time. I am in a 3G area.
    7) The Storms' accelerometer lags even with the upgrade. Plus it seems to have a mind of its own.
    8) No built-in Wi-Fi, but i knew that before I bought the phone. However, the iPhone has it and it's very nice to have when can't get 3G.
    9) There were a few things I did like about the Storm. However, everything above was a deal breaker for me.

By the way, I did do the upgrade to v4.7.0.75 and it made very little difference. Yes...I could have exchanged it for a new one but why bother if Verizon Wireless reception is bad in my area. Also, the BB Storm is a product that's in the Beta test phase (IMHO). The Storm is a good idea but it's not ready for the market. I am sure it will get better over time.

I love my iPhone 3G because it simply works and it does everything a lot better than the BB Storm. The iPhone does have flaws but they are very minimal. Surprisingly, ATT Wireless reception is not that bad in my area.

Good luck to everyone that loves their BB Storm!
    I wouldn't have written so much stuff. It'll be a pain in the *** to have to retype it on each Blackberry site you visit... since there's no copy/paste.
    12-14-08 08:46 PM
    I wouldn't have written so much stuff. It'll be a pain in the *** to have to retype it on each Blackberry site you visit... since there's no copy/paste.
    LMAO - Awesome!
    12-14-08 08:54 PM
    I had an iPhone, both the original on the day it was released and then the 3g. Both contracts I terminated early because of the ATT service. I will be the frist to tell, I love the Storm don't get me wrong, but the iPhone is a device that none can touch. If the ATT service was not terrible I would be on one, that being said, I have had a Curve, Pearl and now the Storm and as great as the iPhone is, the fact that the storm is competing as well as it is gives me great hope for the future.

To the OP: I wish you the best of luck as you have just purchased an incredible device, Apple makes nothing but the best - I should know I live on Apple products.

To the rest of us crackberry addicts: hopefully soon we will be flawless with the storm but in the mean time I think that people who switch should be given due respect as they did give the storm a shot.
    12-14-08 09:01 PM
    The Iphone thing is really funny to me. I actually work for ATT...and yes...I am a Verizon customer...ALL ATT management uses Verizon.. go figure! The Iphone is a cool phone... but its basically meant to be a toy. In saying that... I do have the same problems with my Storm as you mentioned. Will they let you swap the phone out if the screen gaps are big? or the phone runs like sh*t?
    12-14-08 09:14 PM
    The Iphone thing is really funny to me. I actually work for ATT...and yes...I am a Verizon customer...ALL ATT management uses Verizon.. go figure! The Iphone is a cool phone... but its basically meant to be a toy. In saying that... I do have the same problems with my Storm as you mentioned. Will they let you swap the phone out if the screen gaps are big? or the phone runs like sh*t?
    That's not surprising at all.

And to the OP, you should've gotten the Bold. It's 3 times the phone the IPhone ever will be.
    12-14-08 09:20 PM
    If it weren't for the fact that all my friends, family, and colleagues have verizon and free phone-to phone, I'd be on the Iphone. I have an Ipod Touch 2gen, and I absolutely love it (especially since the 2.2 upgrade).

Streaming video, the browser, downloading podcasts over wifi, the app store, games...i could go on. I like my storm and verizon's phone/net service, but there is no denying Apple's ability to consistently make their products intuitive, innovative, and high quality.

I think the storm has the hardware to be every bit as good as the iphone, but I doubt the software will ever get to it's level. The storm is only one part of the RIMM product portfolio as where the Iphone has the advantage of more widespread usage and full time apple support.

I'm not sure how the "apple geniuses" do it, but it all seems to work w/out problems unlike just about every other piece of cutting edge technology I've ever used.
    12-14-08 09:33 PM
    I don't think you can actually figure out if you like the phone after using it only 3 days. You know how many people hated this phone when it first came out. Then a week or two later everyone was like ohh I love it. I guess if it was dropping calls that's one thing but you can't blame the phone.

Have fun with your iphone. Keep in mind you have to become an Apple fanboy now and collect all their products mp3 players, laptops, computers etc. Plus you also have to snap at people when ever they try to compare mac to windows. =)
    12-14-08 09:41 PM
    haha perfect
    12-14-08 09:48 PM
    Take it from someone who has had BOTH phones certainly long enough to get the strengths and weaknesses.

If the iPhone was on Verizon, had MMS and had the ability to set custom ring tones not to mention being able to save the sounds other people send you with MMS and use them as ringtones I would switch. Oh and the iPhone needs a WAY better camera. Seriously I hope the next one has an improved one.

And to the OP I do not believe you when you say you noticed very little difference going from .65 to .75.
    12-14-08 09:51 PM
    i dont think i have ever heard of someone saying verizon service sucks lol ESPECIALLY when COMPARING TO AT&T lol
    12-14-08 09:54 PM
    I had iPhone 1st gen then got iPhone 3G. I returned it and got Blackberry Storm and iPod Touch. All apps that I had on my iPhone now have on iPod Touch so don't miss crappy AT&T service and all issues with iPhone not running apps in background, no MMS, no copy and paste, no file attachments to emails, and Apps that need to be approved by Apple. Email on iPhone is also not reliable.

I seen something very interesting today with Storm that would never happen with iPhone. Although there is navigation app from Verizon there is also one from Garmin that can be installed on the phone.

Apple will never approve products for App store that compete with their products. I think that its a shame that Apple decides what will be installed on the phone that you purchased. Apple should stick with iPods that is really what their thing is.

If you think about the features of the iPhone that people get the iPhone for what you get is iPod Touch. The phone/messaging features are really below average comparing to even Razor but people get iPhone because of the App Store which makes no sense to me.
    Best of both worlds eh? I have a Storm and and Ipod touch also. However since I got the Storm I hardly ever use the Ipod. Oh I do play games on it once and a while.

i dont think i have ever heard of someone saying verizon service sucks lol ESPECIALLY when COMPARING TO AT&T lol
    I think for most Verizon is better, I know it is for me, BUT this is not always the case. ATT has a good network too, and in some areas it probably is better. For me thou, it's not even close Verizon ROCKS!!! Least the network anyways, their CS sometimes leaves something to desire, BUT that is another story.
    12-14-08 10:02 PM
167 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD