I'm thinking I might return my Storm and wait out the Bold. I'm not here to say anything negative, just asking a question. I did the screw trick to make my screen more responsive; does that mean that they won't let me return it? I messed up when taking the sticker off so I had to remove it completely. Has anyone else had any experiences with this?
    01-04-09 07:49 PM
    I dont think they will accept it with that sticker being tampered with honestly. The tork issue was just for people that had SERIOUS clicking problems and couldnt click at all.
    01-04-09 07:51 PM
    Return it, don't say a word.

In all likelihood, they won't say anything either.

I, of course, could be wrong.
    01-04-09 07:53 PM
    I can take the battery out and hopefully they won't even look inside. We'll see. If they give me any trouble, I could always have my parents call. They usually give my dad anything he wants since we've been with them since Verizon began and our bill is quite high.
    01-04-09 08:05 PM
    I've had to return a couple of Bolds to ATT until i got one that worked properly (first one had two dead pixels and second had a faulty headset). The sales rep did not examine the phones in any detail. Of course, I was getting yet another bold from them. Verizon may scruitinize your storm since it doesn't sound like you are getting a replacement. Can't hurt to try tho.
    01-04-09 09:11 PM
    If I ordered it online, can I still return it to a store, or do I need to ship it back?
    01-05-09 12:24 AM
    They will inspect all of the stickers very closely when you return it, looking for water damage or other signs of tampering. If you go to the store they will likely decline the return. If you ship it back, like all things shipped back damaged or tampered with, they will charge the full retail value of the phone to the account. I would seriously not risk it. At this point I would try to sell the phone to get something out of it.
    01-05-09 12:32 AM
    If I ordered it online, can I still return it to a store, or do I need to ship it back?
    Yes you can rerturn it at the store... I would they will give you a new one and not a Certified Like New Storm.
    01-05-09 12:46 AM
    Any other opinions/experiences?
    01-05-09 05:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD