I've been a 9530 user since day one. Several days ago my 4th unit quit working and i decided to go with a Motorola Droid.

I have all my contacts backed up with the blackberry desktop manager. I want to use this backup file to restore the contacts to my Droid.

Can anyone help me?
    07-09-10 08:07 PM
    You don't say who your cell provider is, but if you use Verizon, they have a back-up assistant. Backup your contacts from your 9530 to i and then restore it on your Droid
    07-10-10 12:07 PM
    He said hid phone isn't working. I tried to import my contacts into Backup Assistant from BB Manager from a computer and it wouldn't bring it in. If phone will come on, Verizon(if that is your carrier) can hook the 2 phones together(assuming, as they can with other phones) and load the contacts from the Storm to the Droid. I think they charge $20.00 to do this.
    Call 611 and ask them(act dumb) about what to do. They credited my account $20 in advance. No, i haven't done it yet so i don't know if it will work with your 2 phones.
    07-10-10 02:59 PM
    For an example, all my contacts are backed up on DM and also through my gmail account. The Droid will import your contacts from there. Just thought I would put that on here as food for thought.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-10 04:21 PM
    What part of the phone isn't working? Will it at least power up? If it will at least power up Verizon can transfer your contacts to your new phone.

My dad just got a new phone last weekend after his took a swim in the toilet. Verizon transfered his contact to the new phone for free.
    07-12-10 07:42 AM
    Okay ex BB user here to the rescue. Just take the the contacts file that you made from your latest back up with desktop manager and import them into outlook and just sync outlook with your GMail account either through GMail's web settings / forwarding or by downloading Google desktop sync (I'm not sure if that's the exact name but I'm sure you will find what I'm talking about). Hope this helps.
    07-13-10 02:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD