I lost my bbm contacts in the upgrade process and I was wondering if anyone knows how to get them back from my gmail account that I backed them up to using the feature in bbm?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-09 09:52 AM
    I lost my BBM all together. I'm re downloading it now. Its not even showing up on my apploader.
    10-26-09 10:03 AM
    when you start messenger it will ask/give you that option..I just did it and it worked!!

if you don't have BBM5 installed go to link with your phone browser...

http://www.blackberry.com/messenger
    Last edited by lainsauto; 10-26-09 at 10:12 AM.
    10-26-09 10:08 AM
    I HAD BBM5 installed. After the software upgrade, the only BBM showing in the Apploader is BBM4.7
    10-26-09 10:11 AM
    don't load that...use phone browser and go to link I posted download the BBM5 and when it is done start it and do the restore...the link takes you right to the BBM5 download!!
    10-26-09 10:14 AM
    Another option for future reference is to backup ur contacts to ur media card.

10-26-09 10:17 AM
    I have been trying to back up to the media card and I get a No Media Card Inserted warning. Hummmmm., got to love the storm for it's quirks
    10-26-09 10:26 AM
    I have been trying to back up to the media card and I get a No Media Card Inserted warning. Hummmmm., got to love the storm for it's quirks
    Thats weird. Do you have pics or anything else stored on the card?
    10-26-09 10:39 AM
    ya i lost my bbm in the upgrade as well...pretty lame.

going to try to do what was suggested above. Hoping i can restore contacts
    10-26-09 11:26 AM
    Yeah I had 4.7 and deleted it and downloaded 5.0 and there was the restore contacts option so that worked for me

10-26-09 11:30 AM
    all my third party applications were reset when i upgraded. my aim, facebook, BBM, app world..all of it. there wasnt even icons for my BBM nor facebook. but when i reinstalled tha App world...icons came on my home screen saying the applications were Archived. weird...
    10-26-09 11:37 AM
    when you start messenger it will ask/give you that option..I just did it and it worked!!

if you don't have BBM5 installed go to link with your phone browser...

http://www.blackberry.com/messenger
    this works. im glad i had it backed up.

install new OS, lost bbm

just re DL bbm and restore backup contacts.

you are back in the game. Thanks man
    10-26-09 11:37 AM
    Please Help...it said Facebook and BBM were archived. i clicked them and it asked if i wanted to restore-clicked yes- now icons still arent showing up on my home screen or any folder, and my i deleted my Downloads folder out of my phone so there not in there..can someone help me where they went?
    10-26-09 11:44 AM
    i got a new phone but i saved my contacts and now i cant get them off my media card it only has my new pin on there and it never sent me a message to my emails when upgraded on this phone so i cant get them from my emails even though i backed them up to there to help please
    11-03-09 11:56 AM
    I am having the same problem. I have tried to restore the contacts manually from my email and waited for the restore contacts prompt from bbm and it seems to get stuck at "checking email status..." both ways. Any ideas?
    11-03-09 01:30 PM
    Please Help...it said Facebook and BBM were archived. i clicked them and it asked if i wanted to restore-clicked yes- now icons still arent showing up on my home screen or any folder, and my i deleted my Downloads folder out of my phone so there not in there..can someone help me where they went?
    you need to re-install them.
    go to options --> applications and delete facebook and bbm
    redownload bbm at blackberry.com/messenger
    redownload facebook from either appcenter/appworld or on the facebook website
    restart and they should both be back
    11-03-09 03:45 PM
    I am having the same problem. I have tried to restore the contacts manually from my email and waited for the restore contacts prompt from bbm and it seems to get stuck at "checking email status..." both ways. Any ideas?
    i'm having the same problem...

i tried to restore the contacts again and it says plz try again later

help plz
    11-06-09 09:06 PM
    i have lost my bbm contacts i won a retore my contact
    04-15-13 12:50 AM
    pls help me to retore my bbm contack
    04-15-13 12:54 AM
    I lost my bbm contacts in the upgrade process and I was wondering if anyone knows how to get them back from my gmail account that I backed them up to using the feature in bbm?

04-15-13 01:07 AM
    pls help me to retore my bbm contack
    They are stored with your BlackBerry ID on the BlackBerry servers. Make sure your BlackBerry ID is entered into the BlackBerry ID app on your phone.

Posted Via CB10 on my Zed10
    04-15-13 01:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD