Does anyone know how to do a soft reset without pulling the battery or adding any additional software. When I had the curve, you could do that control+alt+delete equivalent thing and it would perform a soft reset. I was wondering if anyone has figured out the secret to doing that on the Storm. I have the hard case and it is such a pain to take off. It seems like with the Storm, I am resetting it every day, sometimes twice a day, even with the .75 update. They are sending me a new one just in case it's the phone, but we know that will not be sent for another week or so. Thank you!
    12-06-08 08:33 AM
    Install the 3rd party app "softreset"
    12-06-08 08:45 AM
    I do know about that software, but this Storm has already caused me so many issues with 3rd party apps. It's def not like the curve. Anyway, the 2 things I am trying to steer clear of are 3rd party apps and a battery pull. The curve was so easy, just a simple 3 button push and you had a soft reset. Help!
    12-06-08 08:54 AM
    What do u want to hear! If u want softreset without battery pull u have to get the app "softreset". I have had it on mine since day one, and no problems at all!
    12-06-08 09:13 AM
    Softreset didn't work for me -- for some reason when I tried I got some sort of Java error -- anyone else have that problem??
    12-06-08 09:22 AM
    Quick pull app on the site's free software page

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-08 09:25 AM
    Haven't had a problem with SoftReset. Worked well on my Pearl, works well on my Storm.
    12-06-08 09:40 AM
    Works great on mine.

12-06-08 10:35 AM
    What do u want to hear! If u want softreset without battery pull u have to get the app "softreset". I have had it on mine since day one, and no problems at all!
    +2 - it works great with my Storm.
    12-06-08 10:37 AM
    Works great on mine.

12-06-08 11:16 AM
    I did a battery pull and then tried again and still no luck - I get this message "Uncaught exception: Java.lang.illegalArgumentException"

Any thoughts?
    12-06-08 11:42 AM
    I did a battery pull and then tried again and still no luck - I get this message "Uncaught exception: Java.lang.illegalArgumentException"

Any thoughts?

IllegalArgumentException (Java 2 Platform SE v1.4.2)

When exactly are you getting this exception?
    12-06-08 11:47 AM
    I click reset then I get the "would you like to grant trusted application status" -- I click yes and then I get the error (right after clicking yest).
    12-06-08 11:53 AM
    I click reset then I get the "would you like to grant trusted application status" -- I click yes and then I get the error (right after clicking yest).
    This is an error in the software. The only way to get rid of it is to first backup your device. Then wipe the device with JL_Cmder and then reload the OS. After you reload, restore from the backup and you should be rid of the error.
    12-06-08 12:01 PM
    I want to thank everyone for your advice...but I still just want to know if there is a shortcut. I am NOT putting any 3rd party apps on my Storm. I put on Weatherbug and it screwed the whole thing up. It kept freezing and acting funny. So I took it off and it was fine. Then I put on Peek a Who and that screwed up the Storm. So I am not about to put on the soft reset app. My Storm must not be like others, it is doing something crazy all the time anyway. So, until I get the replacement that may or may not be better, is there a quick way to do a soft reset...no 3rd party apps, no battery pulls, just a couple hits of some buttons and poof...a soft reset. I can't imagine RIM did that for the Curve, but didn't do that for the Storm. And yes, I know many of you may not know about that Curve trick, Verizon certainly didn't, but I learned it on here and thought the genius that discovered it would do the same on the Storm. Thanks again!
    12-06-08 01:42 PM
    I guess you could wire a toggle switch between the battery and the phone, and have it dangleing out the back.....otherwise NO!!!!!!!!!!!!
    12-06-08 03:22 PM
    Wow sound's like your Storm is just screwed up. I have soft reset and it works great. I also have Weather Bug, and even vLingo (running 4.6 for the Bold) without any issues.
    12-06-08 03:37 PM
    I got the java error too when I installed it but I got the solution from another thread. Go into Options->Advanced Options->Applications, click Menu button->Edit Default Permission, change everything to Allow, click Menu button->Apply Defaults to All and that worked for me.
    12-06-08 04:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD