Hey guys,

First off, this is my first blackberry device, and my first post. I have been lurking for a while now, I actually followed along until the release of the unit. I had been due for a new phone, so anxiously awaited it's release. My first unit had the click screen problem, which was mildly improved with the battery fix. So like others, and verizon's 30 day no hassle guarantee, I requested a replacement, hoping the screen would be better at the edges to click.

Well, received the second one, and not any different than the first. Both had the updated .75 OS. No extra 3rd party apps, uninstalled VZ navigator. Runs nice and smooth, but it's the click issue that still gets me. Both units say made in Mexico.

I love the phone. I want to keep it. But do I call up verizon and try to request another one? Problem is, they charge you the entire amount until you return one of the phone's, plus my 30 days is running out fast, especially with the holiday shipping rush in full swing.

I definately believe they rushed this phone out. What would you do?

Scott
    12-16-08 09:35 AM
    If there is nothing wrong with the phone besides the screen click you can try loosening those screws on the back.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/scr...method-109036/

I loosened just 1 of the screws half a turn and my screen is perfect now. Spending 30 seconds doing that is less stress than worrying if you are going to get a worse one.

If that doesnt fix it, return it and get a working one.
    12-16-08 09:49 AM
    Thanks. I did not see that post. I will try it this afternoon.

Scott
    12-16-08 11:26 AM
    and take the chance of getting the sim card error?? no thanks!
    12-17-08 02:46 PM
    keep trying you should get a perfect phone regardless!!!

My g/f storm clicks way better than mine (got mine on release day) and hopefully my replacement will be like hers. The posters talking about doing the screw method say it works perfect but if not... verizon owes u a perfect one so keep on it even though its a pain in the ***
    12-17-08 02:52 PM
    OMG I just got my replacement in the mail and it was worse than the first one. The screen was loose, like it was going to fall out.

So much for being a new replacement. It came in a brown box, the lady said it was certified "new". WTF? So much for the guy a few days ago telling me a brand spanking "new" phone will come.

I told her it better come in a manufactures box or I'm sending it back. I love the phone, but if they are going to lie, when I'm entitled to a new replacement, then I'm going to have to keep on calling them.

I ordered one for my wife and that one is puurrrrfect! That sucks.
    12-17-08 02:55 PM
    Then return it; I got my replacement. My replacement works just fine.
    Don't put up with the subpar.
    Just keep on til they get it right.
    Yes I dig my Storm
    12-17-08 02:59 PM
    OMG I just got my replacement in the mail and it was worse than the first one. The screen was loose, like it was going to fall out.

So much for being a new replacement. It came in a brown box, the lady said it was certified "new". WTF? So much for the guy a few days ago telling me a brand spanking "new" phone will come.

I told her it better come in a manufactures box or I'm sending it back. I love the phone, but if they are going to lie, when I'm entitled to a new replacement, then I'm going to have to keep on calling them.

I ordered one for my wife and that one is puurrrrfect! That sucks.
    I am pretty sure they are brand new. They have setup a system though now which they can handle where they have phones made just for replacements so all the retail orders are not be held up by this process.
    12-17-08 03:25 PM
    IF you are not happy with the new replacement call them back and have them send you another?
    12-17-08 04:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD