Is there any way to save my current settings, downloads, etc.?

Do I just activate the new phone, causing the old one to deactivate?
    01-06-09 09:00 PM
    Backup your phone via DM.
    01-06-09 09:02 PM
    Backup your phone via DM.
    Doh ... thank you.
    01-06-09 09:04 PM
    Actually backup isnt enough. It wont save your settings.

DM has a switch device feature that I think is flawless! EVERYTHING on my last replacement got shifted over to my current storm- settings, PINS, apps, the works.
    01-06-09 09:18 PM
    Actually backup isnt enough. It wont save your settings.

DM has a switch device feature that I think is flawless! EVERYTHING on my last replacement got shifted over to my current storm- settings, PINS, apps, the works.
    Do you have to hook up both Blackberries at the same time? Do you need to activate new device first?
    01-06-09 09:27 PM
    Just open DM then the switch wizard and follow the instructions. No activation required.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-09 09:40 PM
    Just open DM then the switch wizard and follow the instructions. No activation required.

Yep, should work good!
    01-06-09 09:58 PM
    Sorry if this is a stupid question - but if I go to the store and return my phone - can I use the DM switch wizard with only the new phone? Is that where a back up is required or should I bring mylaptop to the Verizon store and do it there?
    01-07-09 07:07 AM
    Connect your current phone to your PC, run the switch device wizard it will back up your current phone and do the other bits it does, disconnect your current phone and then take it to the store, get your new phone, hook it upto the pc and continue with the switch device wizard
    01-07-09 07:11 AM
    Thank You-
    Another quick question -- if I am having problems with my current Storm should I be concerned that I am bringing any of those issues over with the switch device process? Specifically my phone reboots on its own a few times a week and I am not sure if that is a hardware or software issue.
    01-07-09 07:15 AM
    Totally your call, have you installed any third party software applications? If not chances are its a hardware issue, if you have then uninstal them first
    01-07-09 07:42 AM
    I just finished switching over to my replacement. It was way easier than I thought, but I still had to activate the phone. When I tried to activate, the system wouldn't allow me so I called Verizon. The tech knew the problem right away .. something about both phones couldn't be registered at the same time. I hung up, waited 5 mintues, and no problem.

On the recent question, I had a software issue and I was worried it would import to the new phone. It didn't. No problems at all.
    01-07-09 04:31 PM
    I did the switch yesterday and it went great. The replacement device was .75 but it did everything including taking .85 and putting it on my replacement device. I guess there's no way around that when I'm transferring all my settings and 3rd party applications.
    01-07-09 04:53 PM
    I did the switch yesterday and it went great. The replacement device was .75 but it did everything including taking .85 and putting it on my replacement device. I guess there's no way around that when I'm transferring all my settings and 3rd party applications.
    Any advice for someone using Missing Sync on a mac? I'm going to be doing it in the store, can't they just do it all for me there?

01-07-09 05:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD