I know this probably has been asked before so I apologize beforehand...but I am receiving a replacement Storm and I am running v.132 should I downgrade my phone before returning it to Verizon? I ask because the Verizon Reps who were inspecting my phone made it a point to discuss how using betas voids the warranty.

P.S. I did check the in store Storm's to see if they beta tested them but they were both on .75.
    04-29-09 05:23 PM
    yes, please make sure you downgrade before you send it back... save yourself some headaches
    04-29-09 05:25 PM
    I know this probably has been asked before so I apologize beforehand...but I am receiving a replacement Storm and I am running v.132 should I downgrade my phone before returning it to Verizon? I ask because the Verizon Reps who were inspecting my phone made it a point to discuss how using betas voids the warranty.

P.S. I did check the in store Storm's to see if they beta tested them but they were both on .75.
    I took mine in to have a rep check it before getting my replacement and the first thing she did was check the OS. So I would say better to be safe than sorry.
    04-29-09 05:25 PM
    I just stopped by our VZW corp. store and they are ordering a replacement storm for me. Before telling me he was going to replace my phone the rep asked what os I was running and I told him .122. He could have cared less, is it really necessary to go back to .75 before sending it back?

Two questions.
    1) When I switch everything to the new phone with DM will it switch .122 over too, or will I have to reinstall that OS on the new phone?

2) What is the best way to get the old phone back to .75 (if needed)?

Any links or answers would be helpful. Thanks
    04-29-09 08:51 PM
    I put mine back to .75 before sending it back.

Ed
    04-29-09 09:11 PM
    Used the link for pointers in my next post to help you down grade the OS.

Ed
    04-29-09 09:12 PM
    04-29-09 09:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD