I have had a storm since Nov. 21. I have always been pleased with mine and have always upgraded to the leaked OS's.

I made a decision last week to get it replaced because of dust under the screen. I really hesitated because I ahve had great luck. It was one big piece of lint/dust that was very annoying.

Anyway, my replacement came today... I used the switch device wizard and all went smooth. I upgraded to .113 and downgraded the old phone to .75 and then wiped it...

The new one is a 10 in my book.... the screen has less gap and the buttons feel more flush. My end key on the first one always felt raised a little.

For the record, I did notice a difference in part numbers... my first one was Canada, this one is Mexico.
    03-31-09 08:10 PM
    how do you know where its from based on the numbers on the box?

glad you like the new one!
    03-31-09 08:15 PM
    Yea. I know what you mean. I just received a brand new storm from assurion yesterday. And this thing is awesome. No light leaks around the screen, and the click is even and nice all around. They're getting their qc back in order. Oh yea this one is from Mexico too.

I have had a storm since Nov. 21. I have always been pleased with mine and have always upgraded to the leaked OS's.

I made a decision last week to get it replaced because of dust under the screen. I really hesitated because I ahve had great luck. It was one big piece of lint/dust that was very annoying.

Anyway, my replacement came today... I used the switch device wizard and all went smooth. I upgraded to .113 and downgraded the old phone to .75 and then wiped it...

The new one is a 10 in my book.... the screen has less gap and the buttons feel more flush. My end key on the first one always felt raised a little.

For the record, I did notice a difference in part numbers... my first one was Canada, this one is Mexico.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-09 08:17 PM

I can tell where it was made from the label under the battery!
    03-31-09 08:18 PM

It should say made in Mexico or Canada on the box.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-09 08:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD