Verizon has ordered a replacement Storm for me (lower left screen click issue), and I have a few questions. Please forgive me if this has already been answered in another thread. I did a search a found nothing.
    1) For my 3rd party apps that require a PIN based serial, will I have to buy the app again?
    2) Is there anything I should be aware of regarding the quality of replacements being sent out?
    3) Should I do a JL_Cmder wipe or a regular wipe before sending it back? (I think a standard BB wipe will restore the OS to .65; with JL, I can install .65 or .75, and should be a more secure wipe)

P.S. They gave me no problems for requesting a replacement. In fact, I just showed them that is was a little difficult to press the lower left hand corner; they never asked me to let them hold it or for me to do a hard reset!
    01-05-09 06:36 PM
    Anyone? :-)
    01-05-09 07:42 PM
    Verizon has ordered a replacement Storm for me (lower left screen click issue), and I have a few questions. Please forgive me if this has already been answered in another thread. I did a search a found nothing.
    1) For my 3rd party apps that require a PIN based serial, will I have to buy the app again?
    2) Is there anything I should be aware of regarding the quality of replacements being sent out?
    3) Should I do a JL_Cmder wipe or a regular wipe before sending it back? (I think a standard BB wipe will restore the OS to .65; with JL, I can install .65 or .75, and should be a more secure wipe)

P.S. They gave me no problems for requesting a replacement. In fact, I just showed them that is was a little difficult to press the lower left hand corner; they never asked me to let them hold it or for me to do a hard reset!
    1) Worstcase you may have to get a new code from the app vendor, but once you explain the situation to them, it should not be a problem.

2) I had the same issue as you, but my replacement was fine, BUT I have read posts from others who have had multiple returns. If they send you a new phone with full packaging send back the extras. (Battery, SD card etc)

3) That is your preference, I just went with a regular wipe.
    01-05-09 08:07 PM
    Thank you!
    01-05-09 08:11 PM
    The Crackberry app store gave me no problems reissuing new activation codes due to my storm change... most vendors will most likely be used to the process too.
    01-05-09 08:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD