Recently I received a replacement phone for my water damage Storm 9530 and noticed that my new phone did not have the 8MB storage chip that my damaged phone had - upon trying to remove the MB from my old phone it woudl not slide out and I did not want to force it out. I guess I can go to a Verizon Store and see what their techs can do - but is it removable? I would think so but maybe not?

Also my old SIM card - shouldn't that have retained all my contacts and such? When I put it in the new phone it seemed to be blank? Is that how it is with Verizon?

THANKS for your HELP!
    01-07-10 10:37 AM
    The SIM is not used to hold your contacts with Verizon, but you can back them up using DM if you still have the old phone. The memory card is removeable, if it was not water damaged as well it will be useable in the new phone.
    01-07-10 12:53 PM
    You didn't get the memory card because it is a refurb and they most of the time don't come with the memory card. As owner said, your contacts aren't stored on the SIM card (unless you move them to the SIM card) that is why it's blank. I'm not sure why your card won't come out, but I would say if you're scared to do it, take it to a tech and if they ruin it you can get a new phone lmao (prolly not really, but it does make sense lol).
    01-07-10 01:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD