So after waiting for my replacement for 2 weeks, I come home to find not 1 but 2 Storms (in the brown boxes) waiting for me. As my first phone was great except for loose send button, I was worried about a replacement. So open box number 1 and it has even looser buttons and the dreaded click screen problem I have heard of. I couldn't have imagned ever dealing with that and suggest those of you's that do get a replacement, unless of coarse the fix works for you. So onto the 2ed box and it seems to be just right. Buttons nice and tight and the screen works just as good as my first. Looks like I lucked out here, instead of having to wait for a 3rd replacement.
    12-18-08 03:42 PM
    also just checked both my original screen and the new working one and both good as in brightness and color
    12-18-08 03:53 PM
    Yeah you lucked out.. Too bad you have to go through 3 phones to get one that works remotely good
    12-18-08 03:56 PM
    Hopefully they don't charge you for the extra one. That would suck.
    12-18-08 03:57 PM
    Yeah you lucked out.. Too bad you have to go through 3 phones to get one that works remotely good
    it wasnt so much 3 bad phones I'd say. My original was great. fast perfect screen. Just the green button became very loose. I suspect it was caused by the BB leather holster with top strap that Verizon sold me. It would always seem to snag it. Whether or not it snagged it cause it was already loose or a fault in the holster, I don't know. The bad one out of the 2 was just terrible though. Very very loose send and end buttons and the screen would either not click well or just get locked down in one spot. I didn't even turn it on it went right back in the box. Well, Verizon saved themselves an angry phone call I can say that much lol. And I am always very nice and polite with them.
    12-18-08 03:59 PM
    Hopefully they don't charge you for the extra one. That would suck.
    I am sending them back both my original and the bad replacement. I already called them and notified them of the double shipment. I love how they went from not being able to find me a replacement for 2 weeks to sending me too many lol
    12-18-08 04:00 PM
    well nm everyone, that was short lived, right as I was about to activate the good replacement, the red end button popped off. Unbelievable. I'm gonna guess the way they ship them in the brown boxes, they are plastered to the box very tightly with saran wrap. So yea...don't even know what to say. Maybe my original wasn't that bad lol
    12-18-08 04:32 PM
    Yeah - watch your account for a charge...
    Otherwise EBAY, lol
    12-18-08 04:54 PM
    haha honestly I prob could fetch more if I unlocked them and sold em on ebay then paying the full retail, but alas, I already packed them both back up and have the fed ex tracking numbers and everything ready to go. No way they are pinning any of this on me.

I've become best friends with the rep who has been helping me. She can't believe it either and ordered me yet another...which should be here Tuesday. If that one fails, i just gonna ride out my OG and wait for the Niagra on May, and then I should get the upgrade since I have gone through 4 replacements by then
    12-18-08 05:01 PM
    VZW leather pouch known defect, not the storm. And I looked at your posts. You love to post negative about the storm, yet you dont have one and seems a bit of envy here. Did mommy ever tell you that if you have nothing nice to say, stfu??? Go enjoy your old curve on sprint. That's IF you get reception on that network. Boy is the storm fun to use! Enjoy your curve..ha ha
    Last edited by pmas; 12-18-08 at 05:52 PM.
    12-18-08 05:49 PM
    That's unfortunate that someone who doesn't own the Storm would have so much negative to say about it.
    12-18-08 06:26 PM
    yea no kidding... i wonder just how many non-storm users are the ones on here bashing it... huh, i smell envy
    12-18-08 06:34 PM
    well the rep I been dealing with just priority overnighted me yet another...just got the tracking number. I'm almost afraid to find out what this one will be lol. It's 1lb again so I'm guessing another brown box. For the record they weren't refurbs. They didn't have the initials in it.
    12-18-08 06:35 PM
    I got my replacement yesterday. They just sent a brand new one, however when i was on the phone with Verizon they told me they would only send a phone (no backplate or battery) however they sent everything, including an 8gb memory card. Did this happen to anyone else? Or can I feel special.
    12-18-08 06:41 PM
    I got my replacement yesterday. They just sent a brand new one, however when i was on the phone with Verizon they told me they would only send a phone (no backplate or battery) however they sent everything, including an 8gb memory card. Did this happen to anyone else? Or can I feel special.
    it has happened to others. I dunno. The way the phones themselves are secured in the brown boxes is they are saran wrapped very very tightly to the box. I can easily see how them being like this for any period of time can damage the screen and/or the buttons. If tomorrow has a problem as well I am keeping my original and gonna exchange it for a Niagra when the time comes.
    12-18-08 06:46 PM
    Ordered my replacement today, (no clicky) and Tech rep told me she had no phone to ship me until 12/22 when the next batch of new ones arrive. No indication as to whether I'm getting the whole package or a refurbished model. Now, after reading about the hit or miss replacements, I'm a bit nervous. How do I get my stuff (Contacts, Music, Etc.) transferred to the new one? Restore?
    12-18-08 07:08 PM
    Yeah - watch your account for a charge...
    Otherwise EBAY, lol
    Nice, you're part of the problem here. Take a hike, you thief.
    12-18-08 07:24 PM
    I called vz on the screen issue and the fact that my screen can move and touch all 4 sides. That and my bb button works half the time. Plus dirt in the screen. I have to go to the VZ store tomorrow and exchange it for a new one. I have to take everything back, box charger and all. They held one for me, the rep said they have 20 in stock.
    12-18-08 07:35 PM
    Ordered my replacement today, (no clicky) and Tech rep told me she had no phone to ship me until 12/22 when the next batch of new ones arrive. No indication as to whether I'm getting the whole package or a refurbished model. Now, after reading about the hit or miss replacements, I'm a bit nervous. How do I get my stuff (Contacts, Music, Etc.) transferred to the new one? Restore?
    yea, back up and restore on the new device
    12-18-08 09:04 PM
    Thanks! I got it! Should I keep the extra battery?
    12-24-08 02:40 PM
    im having the same problem with my send button and im scared to get it replaced. It was perfect when I got it.
    12-24-08 05:30 PM
    Got my replacement Storm today, which is a brand new retail unit. I was worried I would get one with a bad clicker, but it's just as good as my original, and thankfully the screen looks just as good too. Now...here's to hoping dust stays out of my screen this time.
    12-24-08 05:46 PM
    My first phone was defective and for some reason Verizon sent me not one but two replacements. Fortunately the first replacement was all I needed. Fed Ex will be here on Friday to pick the phones up
    12-24-08 06:16 PM
    yea after 3 replacement FRU's in the brown boxes i went to the store. The rep there told me "I don't know why you were sent these, you are still within your 30 day worry free, these are for after that" Even tho I'm aware that the ones in the brown boxes are necessarily refurbs, all 3 I received had larger problems than my original, which I am even doubting is that much a problem. Anyway's the rep ordered me a brand new retail one which should be here in a few days. No FRU on the receipt,looks just like my original receipt. So I will check that out, if not up to what I want I'll ust hold on to the original
    12-24-08 06:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD