Maybe I am just lucky, or karma is working....

First my VZ store told they can't replace my click-screen-problemed storm before the 8th or 15th.

Then this morning I get a call that they are ordering it and I should have it Monday, depending on Holiday shipping schedule,

Got an email saying that my Storm order is being processed. Called CS, gave me a tracking number - according to FedEx it'll be here Friday! Even the Service rep said "wow, I havent seen any replacement go out so quick"

How effin' lucky did I get? I hope Santa comes early for everyone, and wanted to let you know that this is why I went Verizon, and not Best Buy, even though I always have good service at BB with everything I buy there.
    11-26-08 06:46 PM
    Great...I'm glad everything worked out in your favor!
    11-26-08 06:48 PM
    You forgot to tell us about the "happy ending".
    11-26-08 07:11 PM
    I am still waiting for the first Storm I ordered from corporate account service rep at verizon on 11/21 around 1:00 p.m. At this point I would just like to touch my Storm. I am so jealous. Is anyone elst still waiting for their first Storm?
    11-26-08 07:15 PM
    I think I just pushed the right buttons at my store. First they said I'd have to wait for there regular shipment, but even then they wouldn't be able to hold one. THAT really got me, I was like "huh, I've paid for mine, it doesn't work right, and I can't be guaranteed one from the next batch"

Anyway, I do feel bad for those of you not as lucky with your replacement. Hopefully they are usable in the mean time.
    11-26-08 07:18 PM
    I went to my local vz store where I got my storm, and they too said that it may be on Friday, but no guarantee that I would get one. Before I went to the store I emaild cs frome verizon wireless and I got an email stating the same thing. So I called cs and told them the click screen problem, they said it was the 1st they heard of it but my 2nd storm is in the mail. I just had to pay for the 2nd phone, they added it to my acct. and when I ship back the bad one I will get that back. I put the paper in the battery chamber and that works great. Funny thing is after 2 days of the paper mod I took the paper out and it seems to be clicking alot better now. go figure. LOL My first BB and first Touch screen I am getting used to it. I like it at least it is NOT AN IPHONE!!! Never cared for them!!!
    11-26-08 07:29 PM
    I'm glad that you guys have atleast something promissing going on. I am on my 4th curve and on BB Enterprise Server with Verizon. CS told me that they would allow me to upgrade early to the Storm and only pay the difference in 2 yr cost when it was released. First I was supposed to have it Saturday, but the rep was having trouble getting it ordered. Then last Friday morning he told me he had approval and was submitting the order. He even took my work address to have it shipped there so I could sign for it. Today I called when it didn't arrive and he checked the system, he says that the process manager deleted my order b/c Verizon has decided not to upgrade any customers who are not eligible for a new every 2 or are not a new customer. He did seem very empathetic and helped me upgrade my software on my curve. Bottom line is I'm screwed out of my new Storm.

I am pissed! I wouldn't be so mad if I was not told that they were going to upgrade me and then at the last minute backout on their promise.

Any suggestions out there would be great!
    11-26-08 07:31 PM
    Add a 2nd line with a storm and go from there how long untill your do for an upgrade??
    11-26-08 07:36 PM
    Glad you guys are getting replacements before I even got my first Storm ...lol
    11-26-08 07:36 PM
    I stood inline fo 3hours LOL
    11-26-08 07:42 PM
    wtf- my phone stopped charging, and i can't get a new one until the 15th!!!!!!!!! I want it sooner, and I should have it sooner, how can I make this happen??
    11-27-08 12:21 AM
    No offense because you deserve a replacement, but why can they ship you a replacement no problem but htey cant send people their first phone thats not fair. i have to wait til the 5th for mine and you get a second one on friday lol something is wrong here. but good for you dude atleast they arent fu--king you over

Maybe I am just lucky, or karma is working....

First my VZ store told they can't replace my click-screen-problemed storm before the 8th or 15th.

Then this morning I get a call that they are ordering it and I should have it Monday, depending on Holiday shipping schedule,

Got an email saying that my Storm order is being processed. Called CS, gave me a tracking number - according to FedEx it'll be here Friday! Even the Service rep said "wow, I havent seen any replacement go out so quick"

How effin' lucky did I get? I hope Santa comes early for everyone, and wanted to let you know that this is why I went Verizon, and not Best Buy, even though I always have good service at BB with everything I buy there.
    11-27-08 01:40 AM
    wtf- my phone stopped charging, and i can't get a new one until the 15th!!!!!!!!! I want it sooner, and I should have it sooner, how can I make this happen??
    I know this is a touchy subject and there are two ways to look at it. Personally, I feel that even though some don't even have their first Storm, many have already put money in VZ's pocket and deserve to have theirs replaced first.

BUT, now that I think of it, at least mine mostly works and I could have probably waited.

BUT ALSO, the units they are sending as replacement probably were not going to ship anyway.

Sorry all, really am.
    11-27-08 08:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD