Hey guys,
    I just had a quick question for everyone.
    I recently got a replacement storm due to my first one being defective. I just activated the "new" storm last night and I immediately noticed a color difference. The screen has a slight yellow hue to it. The buttons which were once black and white are now black and yellowish. It looks like crap to be honest.

Has anyone had their storm replaced because of this? If I can, I'm hoping to replace my replacement.

Thanks.
    03-05-09 07:31 AM
    Sounds like a defective display to me. Call up Verizon, CALMLY explain the situation (you'd be amazed how many people forget this step), and say you would like a replacement. If you're at least civil with the person on the phone, they're almost always going to be FAR more willing to work with you than if you just start chewing them out for something they personally have no control over.
    03-05-09 08:11 AM
    To answer your question I did not try and return mine due to the colour being different but there was a difference between my first and second unit.

My second and current storm is slightly less "white" or bright than the first one I had, most people noticed a brightness change in January. I decided it was acceptable and still is to me. My first one was burn the eyes bright white, the second one maybe 10% less than the original but I still run it at 10% brightness.

The buttons off colour, I had that on both storms, the BB key is more yellow and darker than the escape key. I haven't had it apart but from peeking around from the outside I think it might just be the LED placement either way as long as I can see the keys I'm happy.

My first storm was rebooting sometimes 5 times a day others none so I suppose everything is relative.
    03-05-09 08:28 AM
    The colour on my second unit looks different to that of the first. Not sufficiently for me to want to change it though.

If your screen is yellow, that sounds like an issue with the screen and you should call your provider's BB Support and explain it to them.
    03-05-09 08:46 AM
    I too had the same issue. I'm on my third replacement and the FRU one I got second, had the BEST color brightness of all. Unfortunately, that's the one that got dropped out the truck window last week. My original one was a "softer" hue as well as the one I have now. I don't like it as well, but I'm not willing to return an otherwise stable phone. I've adjusted to the color difference.
    03-05-09 08:52 AM
    I'm on my 3rd Storm and I'm about to try and get a replacement because of the color issue. For me the high resolution and color depth was a big selling point and to lose that lessens my Storm experience. I'm hoping VZW feels the same! LOL.
    03-05-09 10:15 AM
    Unfortunately, you are going to encounter this issue with different Storms. I had read about it and now have had the same happen to me.

I have two Storms, one made in Canada which has a blue shaded screen which is very bright. The second one is made in Mexico and has a yellowish tint and isn't so bright and IMO looks like crap compared to the other one. I asked to have it exchanged and they ended up sending me another one from Mexico with the same yellowish tint.

It's pretty much luck of the draw and isn't really considered a defect...
    03-05-09 10:21 AM
    Well i'm quite picky about my storm. I'm on my fifth storm because of problems with the manufacturing of that actual phone not the OS.

But to add to this screen problem. Its a problem and it comes in a brown box from Verizon quoting that it's a "new" phone.

I had 2 phones new out of retail boxes, both were vibrant, both had the same coloring.

My 2nd, 3rd and 5th replacement came in a brown box shipped right to me from verizon.

The screen brightness and coloring almost has a "tint" to it. The screen instead of a nice bright white, was a yellowish tint.

Instead of my on screen buttons being a shade of black and grey they were now a shade of brown.

EVERY SINGLE ONE I received in a brown box had this problem. It was almost like it was a different screen all together.

Oh and for the people that dont think it was a big idea, if you compaired a new out of the box one and the brown boxed one and watch the Sample video next to each other the difference is uncanny.

I couldn't deal with it.

So my phone's button and click screen isn't perfect but the screen color is fantastic.
    03-05-09 10:26 AM
    I'm going to go to my local Verizon store tomorrow and see what they can do. This replacement feels nice, but the yellow hue is really annoying and ugly.

Wish me luck!
    03-05-09 10:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD