Alright so once again Verizon shipped me out a refurb unit that DOESNT click... so i have to take matters into my own hands and loosen the screen.

Does damaging the red (white dash) sticker void the warranty of the phone?

And does anyone have any tips for removing it successfully without destroying it?

Thanks.
    12-01-09 06:11 PM
    Yes. It voids the warranty. I've heard warming it with a hair dryer helps to soften it a bit. Just out a dime on the battery. Works perfect.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-09 06:29 PM
    When I did the torx fix I just loosened the srew without the sticker and left the business card underneath the battery,it worked perfectly.

12-01-09 06:35 PM
    i cant just adjust the one screw.... it makes it worse no matter what. i think im just gonna get another refurb cause the clicking on this is so bad, its beyond repair.

im sooo sick of replacement devices...

dime/ business card doesnt work....
    12-01-09 06:49 PM
    The business card fix doesn't work because it doesn't apply pressure to the right location. Use this and as long as the screen isn't stationary (due to bad refurb or other misfunction) it'll fix your problems. http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/cl...-style-184518/

If you're still unhappy with the click, just send the SOB back again and keep doing it until they go blue in the face. You shouldn't have to keep messing with screwes or even the above fix to get a properly working phone.
    12-01-09 08:32 PM
    You should be able ti get the sticjer off wuth a toothpick or such without damaging it. My sticker is still pristine and attached to the side of one of my desk storage things. My warranty is expired anyway, so I should put the sticker on eBay for those who damaged theirs...lol!

12-01-09 09:16 PM
    Yeah I was going to say take a needle and be very careful taking this off to replace when done. There is also a method to take and put suggested was 2 pieces of black electrical tape on the battery door so when shut it hits the location right below where the battery goes. Practically in the middle, i put a folded piece of paper there to apply pressure it worked great, you have to make sure to not cover up the 3 electrical contact or the open space below the sim card. Play with the thickness to your liking.
    12-03-09 06:30 AM
    If you want to try the "Civic dot fix" that she mentioned I have some of those coding dots that I am willing to mail to you free of charge. I will even provide the stamp.
    12-03-09 08:23 AM
    the best fix i found is to use the fuzzy side of a velcro strip and attach it to the battery cover, centered around the indented circle of the battery cover...the touch screen will click superbly anywhere you press!
    12-03-09 01:44 PM
    the best fix i found is to use the fuzzy side of a velcro strip and attach it to the battery cover, centered around the indented circle of the battery cover...the touch screen will click superbly anywhere you press!
    Yes I have been doing the same ever since I got the Storm. Velcro strip the size of your thumb print or a nickle will work wonders.

It makes the click perfect and even all over the screen
    12-03-09 02:28 PM
    Well i ordered another refurb, and it got here today and what i found was pretty surprising...

The phone ALREADY had JRSCivic's dot fix under the battery!

This threw me off, i dont know how verizon overlooked it, but they sure did.

And thanks for the offer pkcable, but it looks like i already got that covered....

I'm hoping that this time they will offer me a storm 2... everytime i have to go through one of these shotty replacements, i dont get my browser back until like the next day. so im gonna complain about paying $30/month and not even being able to use it. hopefully that will get them
    12-03-09 03:45 PM
    Well i ordered another refurb, and it got here today and what i found was pretty surprising...

The phone ALREADY had JRSCivic's dot fix under the battery!

This threw me off, i dont know how verizon overlooked it, but they sure did.

And thanks for the offer pkcable, but it looks like i already got that covered....

I'm hoping that this time they will offer me a storm 2... everytime i have to go through one of these shotty replacements, i dont get my browser back until like the next day. so im gonna complain about paying $30/month and not even being able to use it. hopefully that will get them
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!! Classic!!!
    12-03-09 07:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD