I have tried searching, but cannot find the exact steps for removing Outlook "sync" from my BB. I intially thought my company supported BES, but they do not. I tried setting up OWA but my company does not support this either. I have my BB set up to manually sync in the email settings, but I would like to remove any and all outlook profiles and cannot figure out how to do it.

I tried going to the BIS site for vzw and do not see any of the outlook profile information there. Can anyone please help?
    09-15-09 11:52 AM
    I have tried searching, but cannot find the exact steps for removing Outlook "sync" from my BB. I intially thought my company supported BES, but they do not. I tried setting up OWA but my company does not support this either. I have my BB set up to manually sync in the email settings, but I would like to remove any and all outlook profiles and cannot figure out how to do it.

I tried going to the BIS site for vzw and do not see any of the outlook profile information there. Can anyone please help?
    Are you trying to delete an email account from your phone?
    09-15-09 12:28 PM
    Yes. Sorry if that was not clear enough.
    09-15-09 12:30 PM
    Specifically, my outlook account. BIS does not have it listed and DM does, but it is greyed out.
    09-15-09 12:31 PM
    Go into option/advance options/service books and find the email address there. Once you find it there highlight it then press the BB button and hit delete. See if that works for you.
    Last edited by sting5566; 09-15-09 at 12:52 PM.
    09-15-09 12:47 PM
    I had tried checking service books, too and do not see it listed. This is very strange. I know the email account is not listed, but when I start up DM, I am prompted for an Outlook profile.
    09-15-09 12:56 PM
    I had tried checking service books, too and do not see it listed. This is very strange. I know the email account is not listed, but when I start up DM, I am prompted for an Outlook profile.
    You are prompted for the outlook profile because DM is looking for somewhere to sync to. Do you sync your phone to your PC at home?
    09-15-09 12:59 PM
    I think I see where you are going with this. I sync this to this PC and a VM on the same PC. I need to somehow delete this to both then.
    09-15-09 01:10 PM
    OK, so I have deleted DM from my VM. I have also removed any synchronization from the synchronize menu. However, I am still prompted for profile anytime I start up DM.
    09-15-09 01:15 PM
    Here we go... the CORRECT process.

Uninstall DM from your PC. Reinstall it and this time pick Internet Email rather then Corporate Email when asked. This will take out the BES integration from within DM.

Once that's done, go into your BB under Service Books and delete any of them that have [Desktop] in the name.

Be aware that if you had the BB attached to a BES that had a policy pushed down to it, the only way to wipe that policy off is to do a javaloader wipe with resettofactory switch on the command line. You'll then need to reinstall the OS on the device and restore your personal data.

And also check your sync preferences as indicated above. Chances are good it's looking for an Outlook profile that's no longer available.
    09-15-09 01:25 PM
    Ok, I have to ask, what do you mean by VM.
    09-15-09 01:27 PM
    Nicely put Civic thanks.
    Last edited by sting5566; 09-15-09 at 01:30 PM.
    09-15-09 01:28 PM
    VM = Virtual Machine. I will try uninstalling on this machine as well. Thanks for the help.
    09-15-09 01:56 PM
    Issue resolved. Thanks for the help.
    09-15-09 02:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD