I received this message after I upgraded to .76 and now again after I upgraded to .83. It is a one time message that only appears the first time I go to the GPS settings screen. Every time I go to the screen thereafter the message does not appear.

I don't have VZ Navigator or BB Maps installed (just waiting for Google to update their software) so I don't really have a way to test if my GPS is working or not. But, I'm thinking that my GPS is in fact turned off because of this icon that appears in the bottom right corner of my camera (I presume this is the Geotagging icon?). I do have Geotagging set to "enabled" in the Camera Options screen.

Any thoughts on this? Is Verison disabling my GPS remotely for some reason and if so, why? Because I'm not paying for VZ Navigator?

(Yes, I did a search... no hits)
    12-19-08 07:29 PM
    I wonder if it is because I'm not using an official version of Verison's OS? I'm not willing to downgrade to .75 to test that theory out...
    12-19-08 07:35 PM
    You on BES?
    12-19-08 07:37 PM
    Yeah, I think I just found the answer (see link below). I'll contact my BES IT Administrator and ask them.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f33/gps...isabled-73848/
    Last edited by AnonymousZ; 12-19-08 at 07:48 PM.
    12-19-08 07:40 PM
    Contacted my Administrator... they said there are no GPS restrictions (which makes sense bc my previous Blackberry worked just fine). I'll call Verizon to see what's the deal but any other thoughts in the meantime?
    12-20-08 11:42 AM
    I get the message as well, but GPS still works with BB maps, WeatherBug, etc. Just make sure GPS is set to Location On in Options, Advanced Options, GPS. Also make sure the program you are trying to use is configured to have access to location information (in application permissions).

-E
    12-20-08 03:05 PM
    I am using 8900 for last two years and device GPS was working fine for me, recently i have updgraded the software and find out that GPS is not picking up my location. so I went into the setting>>advance settings>>GPS, it gave me message that your device is remotly disabled for location tracking.

I searched over internet but unable to get the solution to my query. I am using enterprise services and I know that there are certain policies which IT pushes but there is no such policy which restrict GPS functuning.

I have downgraded my device software but the problem remains the same. I also reset my handset but this also didn't provide any help.

so please help

thanks in adv
    MIZ
    09-20-12 03:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD