I've decided to use my storm as a media player on an upcoming motorcycle trip and I'm curious if anyone has seen a remote control device that I could use to adjust the volume and perhaps start/stop music playing on my storm. I'm looking for something I can use in the map pocket of a tank bag.

Thanks in advance for any insights!
    Last edited by snmemx; 07-03-09 at 10:51 AM.
    07-03-09 10:44 AM
    Are you using headphones?

I love my Motorola S9-HD headphones they have all the controls your asking for on them and you can take calls. I've never tried them on a motorcycle though.
    You will probobly wear a helmet and I don't think they would fit underneath.
    Bummer

As for a stand alone unit if thats what your asking for I havent seen one yet.
    Thats not to says that there isn't one if I come accross one I'll post back.
    07-03-09 12:55 PM
    Are you using headphones?

I love my Motorola S9-HD headphones they have all the controls your asking for on them and you can take calls. I've never tried them on a motorcycle though.
    You will probobly wear a helmet and I don't think they would fit underneath.
    Bummer

As for a stand alone unit if thats what your asking for I havent seen one yet.
    Thats not to says that there isn't one if I come accross one I'll post back.
    Yes, I'm using ER6 earphones. The Motorola's sound nice, but what I'd love to find is a remote that I could stick in the map pocket of my tank bag so it's easily accessible with gloves on. It's probably a long-shot finding something like this for the storms...but if anyone will know about it, it'll be someone in CB
    07-04-09 08:01 AM
    Unfortunately no product exists. Wired or wireless.

Curious though, what kind of bike are you riding?
    07-04-09 08:06 AM
    Unfortunately no product exists. Wired or wireless.

Curious though, what kind of bike are you riding?
    BMW GS. I'd planned to use my iPod for tunes but it's a hard-drive model and I don't want to risk the vibrations frying the hard-drive...figured I'd load 7-8gb of music onto my storm and use it instead...plus it'll allow me to keep the phone in the bag charging while playing the music.

I've got a Sure adapter that appears to work for starting/stopping music on the storm, but it won't adjust the volume.
    07-04-09 08:41 AM
    That would be very cool. Please post back if you find anything.
    07-04-09 09:46 AM
    Amazon.com: Jabra BT3030 Bluetooth Stereo Headset: Cell Phones & Service

There ya go. I dont know how great the audio quality is, but it's exactly what you describe. You can plug regular wired earbuds into it and use the "dogtag" as the remote.
    07-04-09 10:27 AM
    I use the Jabra BT3030, and they work great. Controls on a dog tag that hangs round your neck. Ear buds plug into the dog tag. Dog tag connects via Bluetooth to your Storm. Mic built in to dog tag, too. You can control volume, move forward and backward, plus you can answer a call and place a call if you use voice dialing. I like mine. The quality is good, sound is clear and they are easy to use. You can plug any ear buds into the dog tag. The ones that come with it have a short cable to run from your ears down to the dog tag.
    07-04-09 12:02 PM
    I use the Jabra BT3030, and they work great. Controls on a dog tag that hangs round your neck. Ear buds plug into the dog tag. Dog tag connects via Bluetooth to your Storm. Mic built in to dog tag, too. You can control volume, move forward and backward, plus you can answer a call and place a call if you use voice dialing. I like mine. The quality is good, sound is clear and they are easy to use. You can plug any ear buds into the dog tag. The ones that come with it have a short cable to run from your ears down to the dog tag.
    The challenge I have though is I need to keep the storm controls OUT of the sound delivery loop...I'm running the sound from the storm into an amplifier that consolidates sound from the storm (and a radar detector) so I need the controls to be storm specific with no sound involvement...I think I'm asking for the impossible...it could be done w. an iPod remote control but the iPod's (non-iPhones) don't mess w. bluetooth so BT is kept out of the iPod remote equation...
    07-04-09 03:43 PM
    Well I must admit, you learn something new EVERY day on here!
    07-07-09 10:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD