The reminder/alarm icon (small yellow bell) is showing on top of the native screen and I didn't purposely set any reminder notifications. I looked through pretty much everything and can't figure out where it's coming from. I did a few battery pulls, to no avail. Is there any way to have the BB list all events or tasks with notifications? It is driving me batty!
    06-13-09 10:52 AM
    Clock > menu > set alarm > off > ok.

Home screen clock symbol displays only if alarm set. BTW far as i know u can't view reminders except via calendar (menu > agenda view quickest) & tasks.
    06-13-09 11:13 AM
    Thanks, Transfigured... but shutting the alarm off will also shut my everyday wake-up alarm. I've had that set for the past few months and never had the bell symbol before. The bell has a number one next to it. I'll doublecheck the agenda.
    Any other ideas from anyone?
    06-13-09 11:38 AM
    Is symbol a yellow globe? If so:

Messages > menu > view folder > browser messages.
    06-13-09 11:43 AM
    Note: Alarm likely set for weekdays so symbol not displayed on home screen (2 right of time) weekends.
    06-13-09 12:04 PM
    It took a lot of searching, but I finally found the answer in another thread. I had accidentally set a recurring alarm in BBSmart Alarms Pro. A huge thank you goes out to dave b!!

I'm guessing you have BBSmart Alarms Pro?? Because I just figured this out today on my 8900. I saw that same icon just today, and i've had BBSmart Alarms for a few days now...I didn't change any settings or anything. I've had the same alarms enabled this entire time...and it just magically appeared today. I need to provide feedback to the developers on this.

But to answer your question, it's the BBAlarms Pro active alarm notification (if that's what you even wanna call it). If there's a number beside the icon, it tells how many alarms in BBAlarms you have enabled. To take off the icon, obviously you have to disable how ever many alarms you have enabled.
    06-13-09 10:28 PM
    I have a alarm notification (clock w red start) on my 8900 and i cant figure out how to turn it off - any help?
    06-01-10 09:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD