Ok So everything was working well. I updated to .75 a couple days ago.
    Nothing new on the Storm except for a couple Weatherbug updates had taken place yesterday and today.

So I was charging on the USB port and I checked for updates and it looked like it wanted to do the .75 update again for some reason.

But I did not do the update. Also it started making blip blip sounds on my PC Vista like it was doing plug and play adds and removes of the BB. You know like when you plug it in and it sees it.

And then it went white screen and hour glassing and I pulled the USB data cable and looked at the STORM.

Then I got a picture of a circle square and triange in a box with a circle/slash NO symbol over the box. Below it was printed:
    Reload Software:513

I pulled the battery and it just keep comming up with
    that "Reload Software:513".

I tried an update through the DM and it saw the storm and downloaded the OS to it. .75 and it was able to boot after the update.

But now there were no apps on it like no games, no flicker, no facebook, no youtube, no bible, no email to my ISV, none of any of my stuff that I had loaded and all the icons were in default mode not the order that I had them in or the folders I had them in.

So then I did a restore from my backup I did yesterday and also tried the one I did after the original .75 update. So I got some data back but none of the applications or folder ordering or apps or anything.

So it is kind of like a new BB but has my email and does not have any aaps like word, xle,ppt,facebook all that stuff that came on it is gone and all the new stuff I added is gone.

The restore did not bring the apps back in. The restore worked it just does not have apps in it I guess.

I tried running c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader but it only sees two games I had added and nothing else.

When I originally did the DM update to .75 this weekend it did a backup on its own of everything but I do not know where it put it. Where does that go by default????

But when it then deleted all apps and data and loaded the OS and then loaded the apps everything came back the way it was before the update to .75.

Is there a way to find that version of the backup of the apps that it did while doing the OS update this past weekend and how do I restore it so I can get all my stuff (apps and folders) back?

How come that is not part of the "normal" DM backup?

Please help.
    Last edited by bbstorm4me; 12-09-08 at 10:17 PM.
    12-09-08 10:10 PM
    Done this on a few storms. first install 9530 os version .75 on pc. connect to bb desktop software. click app loader and select programs you want intalled . make sure backup in unchecked then after os reinstalls go into backup and select the backup file when you last connected your bb. should restore all your data. you can email me at [email protected] if you have any issues
    12-09-08 10:44 PM
    The issue is it only shows 3 apps of the 8 or so I installed and not any of the default apps.

I do not know where the .75 update did its backup to. I searched my C: and E: disks and it is not showing any .alx files except the 3 i mentioned ealier that have hardly anthing in them.

Where does the DM style update process put that backup that it did?
    12-09-08 10:55 PM
    I was able to restore the default apps and some other apps I loaded by going into the DM and doing Application Loader. Dah! It saw them somewhere. They must be a different file extention then the .alx I was looking for.

I still do not have things like Goggle Maps application which was downloaded OTA. and about 8 or so others same way that are missing. But I did do a data backup so I thought it would be there.

Also when I did the upgrade this weekend it backed them up somewhere and restored them all. Everything. Where did it do it to? How can I load that up?

I guess I need to learn how to do Apps backups?

I want to know how to do a full backup, data apps, and settings as well as folder and icon arrangements. So it is easier to recover after a major crash like this.

What is the correct way to do it?

Also where doe the Application Loader look to find these apps at?

What is it looking at to do it?
    12-09-08 11:30 PM
    This was helpful in learning how to do backups of apps: http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...01/#post511278
    12-28-08 03:01 AM
    Here are a couple different locations that you can look on your vista computer for the files.

This location contains a backup of some of your previous loader apps:
    C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader Cache

This location contains a backup of your current sync:
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files

Also check your Documents folder, for some reason this folder contained a backup entitled "LoaderBackup-(2008-12-19).ipd" for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-08 03:43 AM
    I have the BB 9530 from Verizon but it is fully flashed to Cricket. I had it set up with a password and someone messed with it over 3 times and it went into thereload software 513 white screen. Then I went to the BB homepg and updated the software now my phone it functional but my pics, contacts, apps and all are gone. I did not have DM previously but I do now. Is there anyway on to get them back, I feel like its hopeless am I right? I did however upgrade the phone prior to the crash and it said it was creating a restore but I cannot find it on my PC because I did not have the DM at the time. What can I do please help. I will compensate you monetarily if anyone can accomplish this task for me..............
    09-13-09 09:53 PM
    i need some help !! i have a BB storm 9530 and i entered the wrong password...now my phone has a white screen w/ a message that says ( reload software:513 ???? my phone is flashed with metro pcs...can i still do anything to fis it ??? please help...thanks !! =)
    02-15-10 04:12 AM
    I need help i have the software 513 error my blackberry doesnt connect to desktop manager and the app loader when it comes to the "Selection " part i think its the 3rd page of app loader nothing is there like i cant check mark anythhing neither click next.. someone please help im going to leave it on wall charge for next 12 hrs to see what happens it has no water damage or physical!
    09-06-11 08:40 PM
    I have the same problem with my flip 8220
    "Relaod Software 513"

Help please!!!
    11-16-11 04:16 PM
    I have the same problem
    "Reload Software 513"
    Please help
    11-16-11 04:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD