BlackBerry Storm Release Now Set For November 24th

Posted by: Christopher Meinck in verizon, release date, blackberry storm, blackberry 9530 on Nov 12, 2008

BGR has uncovered an internal Verizon document that details the release dates for the BlackBerry Storm. It seems the November 20th date we've been hearing is actually a "pre-launch" event for high end Verizon customers. This event is not for the general public. The on sale date for the BlackBerry Storm will be Monday, November 24th.

Stores will be opening one hour early than normal. Price according to the tipster is around $199 after MIR with a 2-year contract. The latest Storm is "incredibly stable" and the touch input is "very much improved". There you have it, the latest BlackBerry Storm release news. If and when we get the official word from either RIM or Verizon, we'll pass it along.
    There you have it! Now whip out the champagne and cider!
    Source: everythingberry.com
    11-12-08 06:16 PM
    Posted time and time again....
    11-12-08 06:17 PM
    yeesh, man... thanks, but there have been a handfull of threads on this already.
    11-12-08 06:18 PM
    This is this mornings news!
    11-12-08 06:18 PM
    Sorry lol. Im new to the site and skipped the "search" key as I thought this was, well, news!

My bad.
    11-12-08 06:20 PM
    you know, its nice to feel special sometimes
    11-12-08 06:22 PM
    Sorry lol. Im new to the site and skipped the "search" key as I thought this was, well, news!

My bad.
    Don't feel bad, you're surrounded by a bunch of junkies waiting for the motherload fix to show up.....
    And welcome to crackberry..
    11-12-08 06:24 PM
    god... DAMMIT.dsflkajfdkjaslkjladfs
    11-12-08 06:28 PM

My bad.
    Don't feel too bad. We were all new once, and I'm sure many of us have made reposts or "stupid" posts before. There's nothing wrong with wanting to share info with the community!
    11-12-08 06:40 PM
    Don't worry about it man, at least we have a definite date!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-08 06:44 PM
    So what is a high end verizon costumer? What qualifies me
    11-12-08 06:47 PM
    Don't worry about it man, at least we have a definite date!

That is far from a definite and official date IMO.
    11-12-08 06:49 PM
    you know, its nice to feel special sometimes
    awwww......
    11-12-08 06:52 PM
    Don't feel too bad. We were all new once, and I'm sure many of us have made reposts or "stupid" posts before. There's nothing wrong with wanting to share info with the community!
    Speed that statement was a little PC for you lately. Guess the grind of the release is wearing on all of us.
    11-12-08 07:03 PM

My bad.
    Hahah. You are not the first. Every newbie gets the initial "search" flaming. Hence the inspiration of my sig and avatar. You learned a valuable lesson. Either way, welcome to CB!
    11-12-08 07:03 PM
    if i say that my father is a senior vp of invester relations qualify me as a high end costomer
    11-12-08 07:06 PM
    Hahah. You are not the first. Every newbie gets the initial "search" flaming. Hence the inspiration of my sig and avatar. You learned a valuable lesson. Either way, welcome to CB!
    Ohh hahaha I see! Thats brilliant!

Thanks for the welcomes!
    11-12-08 07:07 PM
    There you have it! Now whip out the champagne and cider!
    Source: everythingberry.com
    Yes its a internal document but until Verizon officially announces it, it means nothing. There were internal At&t documents revealed with OCT releases dates but delays caused those documents to not officially come out. So until Verizon OFFICIALLY announces it, this is not official. Hopefully for you Verizon users this will hold to be correct on those dates.
    11-12-08 07:09 PM
    not a problem!
    11-12-08 07:12 PM
    I will say I have been stopping in my local verizon store about 2 times a week. Today was the first day they offered to give me any information in the past 2 months. The rep wrote my name down and said this is the call list that she will be calling and I am pretty much going to get one. She didn't give me a date but she did say for sure before December. So I am pretty confident that the 24th sounds good.
    11-12-08 07:13 PM
    I have come by some things here and there and even got some info from reps but I have not and will not post any info here. 2 reasons.

1. It was probably posted somewhere already and I would just get flamed. Search does not always work and I don't want to deal with the a$$s that are here ready to pounce.

2. Unless it is on VZW website then people will say something to the effect of "This is not official unless it comes from VZW" even though the docs obviously came from VZW. I guess when you depend on the inside info from other sites to generate content for your site then you will have to deal with unverified information.

I love BlackBerry and some of the community forums are great. Crackberry seems to have a lot of negative people on their boards and of course the "Insiders" that release little to no info and just hint at this or that have such a god complex it is ridiculous.

Needless to say I am done with Crackberry. Really when the forum mod started flaming that did it for me. Maybe you should moderate the board and clear out all the junk and merge some threads instead of joining in the stoning.
    11-12-08 07:29 PM
    I have come by some things here and there and even got some info from reps but I have not and will not post any info here. 2 reasons.

1. It was probably posted somewhere already and I would just get flamed. Search does not always work and I don't want to deal with the a$$s that are here ready to pounce.

2. Unless it is on VZW website then people will say something to the effect of "This is not official unless it comes from VZW" even though the docs obviously came from VZW. I guess when you depend on the inside info from other sites to generate content for your site then you will have to deal with unverified information.

I love BlackBerry and some of the community forums are great. Crackberry seems to have a lot of negative people on their boards and of course the "Insiders" that release little to no info and just hint at this or that have such a god complex it is ridiculous.

Needless to say I am done with Crackberry. Really when the forum mod started flaming that did it for me. Maybe you should moderate the board and clear out all the junk and merge some threads instead of joining in the stoning.

Dayummm, that's pretty harsh.....
    Maybe a more gentle forum such as pinstack would be more to your liking....
    11-12-08 07:35 PM
    So since the price is 199....is that with a 50 dollar MIR, or 100 dollars?

11-12-08 07:38 PM

So it appears that you are pointing me out. How is my post flaming?
    11-12-08 07:39 PM

I think people know that these forums are filled with speculation and they make up part of the fountain of information here. Reposts after reposts can get fustrating especially when reposts of release dates and related speculations have a sticky thread dedicated to them. Yet people still make new threads.

As far as "insiders" having info but giving little to none, I wouldn't say it is a god complex but rather a concern of job security. This is where NDAs come into play.

While there are people with short fuses and short tempers as with any forum or community, I think the majority of people here are friendly and understanding.

Nothing left to say but buh-bye and sorry that you've been driven to be done here. Good luck.

Last edited by skyys; 11-12-08 at 07:45 PM.
    11-12-08 07:42 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD