Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    PIN
    31121AD3

I am having MAJOR trouble with this as well.

I have tried EVERYTHING. I just got a Storm 9530-- and it was flashed to Cricket, and I want to use it on Verizon.

We changed a whole bunch of settings like the Home SID, the Home NID-- we changed the SIP/MIP user ids to verizon addresses.

We reloaded the OS on the phone-- NOTHING. Any ideas?

Whenever I try and dial *228, it just goes to Cricket. Same with the other activation numbers.
    CrackBerry Addict

From what I heard once it's been flashed to another carrier thats it. Verizon won't flash it back...Sorry
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    PIN
    31121AD3

Is there nothing I can do? Would Cricket be able to flash it back?

The phone picks up my number-- it just won't let me activate it. Every time I try, it connects me to a Cricket hotline.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    PIN
    31121AD3

Whenever I try and call to activate the phone on Verizon service, it connects me to a Cricket number, as if I'm trying to activate on their service.

The Verizon rep had me try a whole bunch of things and change various settings in the CDMA Service Edit Screen like Home SID. Home NID, as well as SIP/MIP user ids.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    30FFB6EA

You need QPST to load the PRL file for Verizon to the phone. Unfortunately QPST is licensed software that is not supposed to be used by the public though it is out there. It is built for Qualcomm chip sets by Qualcomm themselves. You are going to have to resort to Google and probably a torrent website to find this software. Legally no one can sell you this software. Good luck.
    They wont let me put what I want in here so "Support our troops and the h3ll with the press"
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default VZW Service books and prl for data use

hopefully these attached properly,

in cdma workshop copy a ppp pass from evdo screen on a bb thats verizon, (active) or not

now take your bb thats cricket and connect to cdma, under evdo screen change the ppp pass and the hdr pass to phonenumber At vzw3g dot com(in email format)

take the ppp pass copied from verizon bb and paste it to ppp pass and hdr pass on cricket bb

change ip behavior to mob+simple, and write to device

connect device through desktop manager, and under backup and restore click advanced

go to options on your bb and under options-advanced options-service books then on your bb hold alt and press sbeb to enable legacy sb restore

now load your vzw service books through desktop manager

with your bb go to options-advanced options-host routing table and press your bb button and register now, this should activate your service books

once your prl and sid have been changed you can now *228 and activate your phone

FULL verizon data and MMS, this worked perfect for my 8330 that was fully flashed to cricket

hope this helps
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default vzw service books

sorry cant post the prls
    Attached Files Attached Files
    CrackBerry Newbie

so me being too excited just bought a storm2 on ebay then realized that its flashed to cricket.... So if i end up having to pay for it I will need to do this. Any tips at all? thanks.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Yes you will, but.....it can be done regardless of wht verizon wireless tells u. So if the phone is a good buy, then role with it
    CrackBerry Newbie

Here are abbreviated instructions:
    1) Install Blackberry Desktop Manager if you don't already have it installed. Open it.
    2) Get and install QPSK from rapidshare or torrents, and open it.
    3) Get your PRL file from this site: corolada.com/prl/ I was going from Cricket back to Verizon, so I grabbed 51099.prl
    4) Follow the instructions in this video: youtube.com/watch?v=us-S-wU4hxg but don't worry if you get a NVM lock error, as mine flashed back to Verizon anyway after I got this error.
    Yay, you fixed it!
    CrackBerry Newbie

I just reflashed my cricket blackberry yesterday back to verizon. I used QPST to write the Verizon PRL and it is on the Verizon network working fine
    CrackBerry Newbie

I had a Verizon phone W755 that was flashed to cricket that I wanted flashed back to Verizon. I accomplished my mission by dialing *22801 send. It's worth a try. Hope this helps
    Thanked by:
    Makayla Slay (07-22-2013) 
    Makayla Slay likes this.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

Default Re: Reflashing from Cricket Back to Verizon???

Quote Originally Posted by patches152 View Post
    yea that n00b just gave up one of the coolest phones ever! wtf was he thinking???
    i received a BB Storm 9530 for free as well. it was just sitting in my friend's drawer and he said, "here just take it! we don't have verizon any more and we owe you one anyhow." so thats it.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Re: Reflashing from Cricket Back to Verizon???

It is built for Qualcomm chip sets by Qualcomm themselves. You are going to have to resort to Google and probably a torrent website to find this software .

---------------------------
    I like Play friv funny games .
    CrackBerry Newbie

WORKED! Oh, how I love the internet! <3 *22801 works wonders
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12