I am a recovering Windows Mobile User and am noticing a few redudent things in the Blackberry OS.

1) I click on the SMS and MMS Icon to create a SMS. I click on compose and it asks me if I want to to compose an E-mail, Pin, SMS Text, etc... If I wanted to open an e-mail wouldn't I have just clicked on the E-mail Icon to begin with? I could understand a SMS/MMS choice, but why e-mail and PIN. And to save more time why not have a seperate icon for SMS and MMS to avoicd this menu all together. This just seems like as extra step that wastes time.

2) When I finaly start to compose the SMS I type in the name of the person that I want to send it too. When I click on their name it gives my every phone number listed under the contact including work and home numbers, as well as e-mail. Why can't the OS just assume that I want to send it to the mobile phone number. I would guess that 95% of the time we would be sending a text to a mobile number, not home land line. Again, this just seems like an extra step.

Anyone know if there is a way to turn this off?

Let me know what you think. If you can see a reason to have these choices that I don't please let me know!
    Last edited by fig95; 12-23-08 at 11:22 PM.
    12-23-08 10:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD