Ive been traveling for a while and a couple weeks ago i lost my separate battery charger and wall charger and have been charging off a comupter USB cable since.

I had quite a few batteries, but they have all been run down eventually as charging off a computer never really allowed me to fill more than one at a time.

Because i've been traveling the battery would often be completely drained to where the phone actually shuts off.

When i then plug it into the computer to charge the red LED always comes on, but the phone wouldn't always turn on right away. Sometimes it just needed to get a little juice before booting up, but sometimes it just wouldn't turn on.

So far i've been able to replace the battery with a different one that at least had a little charge, and the phone would boot up and then fully charge, but now all i've got is dead batteries and phone that wont turn on.

I don't know if the battery is actually charging or what but the red LED is on.

I was running a 115 hybrid or something like that for the last few months and it was doing pretty well and everything is backed up. (separate question is the official OS update any good?)

anyone got any suggestions on how to get the phone to turn on?
    07-31-09 05:33 PM
    I think you got to let the phone charge for atleast 20 minutes after it is completely drain. My phone does the same thing when the battery completely drains and when I charge it it doesn't come on and show the red led till the charge level is at least 5-10%.
    07-31-09 05:42 PM
    I tried charging my storm over usb when it was completely dead once and it wouldn't never show that it was charging. I plugged it into my sisters env2 charger. Got it to bootup then I could charge it. Weird =/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-09 05:51 PM
    Takes longer if battery drained. Try: pull batt > hook BB up 2 computer > missing batt symbol displays (idk if on BB or computer) > replace batt > let fully charge. Worked for others.
    07-31-09 09:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD