i took the red dot off the back of the phone under the battery cover a while back to adjust the screws to click better.

i never put it back on, but my phone has locked up and is unresponsive so i have to go to verizon now.

looking at the back of the phone, is the red dot over the screw on the right side or left???
    05-06-09 04:18 PM
    Right side, next to the mini usb.
    05-06-09 04:20 PM
    Looking at it from above with the battery cover off and the phone just flipped over the dot is on the right side.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-09 04:20 PM
    9500 it's on the right side
    05-06-09 04:21 PM
    and it goes over the top of the screw on the right side, right??
    05-06-09 04:37 PM
    yup you would be correct there. I don't know if this makes any difference but there is a white line on my dot sticker and that horizontal.
    05-06-09 04:43 PM
    Why not try restoring your phone yourself?

It's really easy. Just wipe and reload the OS
    05-06-09 04:44 PM
    Just a note that the right side screw has a little "inset" at the top to identify it as the one the sticker goes in.
    05-06-09 04:54 PM
    yup you would be correct there. I don't know if this makes any difference but there is a white line on my dot sticker and that horizontal.
    My line is vertical so I don't think that makes a difference.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-09 05:06 PM
    Isn't it that little dot that lets the carrier and RIM know you were messing where you should not have been. Have my doubts warranty will cover it any longer.
    05-06-09 05:32 PM
    The direction of the line does not make a difference.
    05-06-09 06:20 PM
    Isn't it that little dot that lets the carrier and RIM know you were messing where you should not have been. Have my doubts warranty will cover it any longer.
    Yes that is the reason for the dot but if you carefully remove it and place it somewhere safe then it can easily be put back on. I actually destroyed one on my previous phone and when I received my replacement one i pulled the dot off the new phone and placed it on my old phone.. They never said anything about it.
    05-06-09 08:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD